About the Job
Reporting to the Area Manager you will be responsible for the smooth and safe operation of the activities available in resort, including on, and off-water activities. As the Centre Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of Beach Supervisors, Watersports Instructors, Fitness Instructors, Bike Guides and Reps. You will be the face of Trek to the customers during their time on holiday, answering questions and ensuring their stay is as enjoyable as possible. You will be ensuring that all theory and practical sessions, on and off the water adhere to the RYA & Trek guidelines, whilst also making sure that safety measures are in place at all times. You will be responsible for conducting the weekly staff meetings and developing a training and succession plan for your team members.
What will you be doing?
- Creating a fun, welcoming, and encouraging atmosphere for the guests to enjoy
- Organising and attending evening socials, including Welcome Drinks, Leaving Drinks, Beach Bites, and any other ad-hoc evenings that are held for the guests and staff
- Welcome the guests to the Beach Club when they arrive at the hotel
- Dealing with customer complaints in resort as quickly and effectively as possible to resolve the complaint
- Effective and safe running of the entire activities program
- Running daily meetings alongside the Beach Supervisor with all staff to assign duties, plan sessions, and ensure all groups have the right equipment, and the staff are set up for success
- Motivate the staff to deliver high standards and enjoy their work
- Responsible for opening up the Beach Club and the presentation of the Beach Club on a daily basis
- Ensure all necessary maintenance checks and tasks are carried out to the high standard expected, and regularly
- Complete all staff inductions when they arrive to work for Trek
- Ensure all accident forms are filled in correctly and cross-checked by you
- Responsible for taking bookings in resort and the continuous & proactive upselling of extras in resort
- Responsible for ensuring that the sales targets are met, and budgets are not exceeded
Who are we looking for?
- RYA Senior Instructor
- Full, clean driving license
- First Aid
- At least one season/year as a Manager or Supervisor in a watersports environment
- Natural Motivator
- Proven track record of excellent customer service
- Experience with routine admin tasks
- Computer literate
- Multi-qualified RYA Instructor (Dinghy & Windsurf Instructor)
- RYA Multi Hull Endorsement
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
- RYA Intermediate or Advanced Instructor in dinghy sailing or windsurfing
- Experience in water rescue techniques
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Salary
- Flights to and from the UK
- Lunch is provided during workdays
- Assistance with VISA if necessary
- Family & Friends discount
- Use of centre equipment
- Training Bursaries
If this sounds like something you are interested in, and something you can see yourself doing. We want to hear from you. We are building an exciting team for the future of Trek, so come and be a part of it!