LOCATIONS: Greece; Vasiliki, Porto Heli & Kos
WHEN: Summer 2020
Reporting to the Waterfront & Activities Manager you will ensure the overall smooth running of the bike program within resort. As a Bike Guide you will cover the bike workshop where you will maintain the fleet of Specialised mountain & Road bikes in your resort. Guiding guests on an approved timetable basis you will ensure there are a range of pre- determined structured planned routes for all abilities. At times guests will want to cycle their own route and you will advise them of any safety issues with their potential route; you will know the area and most likely be a hub of information for the resort. You will assist our guests with choosing the correct bike & ensuring they are set up correctly for their ride and ability, always ensuring they are equipped with all the correct safety gear. You will have a series of logs to complete throughout each week when guests take out & return bikes.
- Central point of contact & knowledge in resort for all guests; bike servicing
- At the start of season complete all bike setup, servicing & maintenance. Ensuring all equipment meets with the company’s high standards
- Represent the company in a professional, well presented manner at all times and in compliance with the company uniform policy
- Interacting with all guests in a professional yet relaxed fashion both during the day and in evenings.
- Socialise with guests at All social events during the week.
- Provide exceptional levels of safety for our guest
- Servicing of company bikes to company’s high standards
- Ensure 100% of fleet operating at all times
- Design, promote & deliver local routes appropriate for age & ability AND/OR individuals/family groups and develop the bike programme and introduce new rides
- Stock keeping of repair materials and ordering of replacements
- Implement safety systems for guests when free-riding and on guided rides
- Ensuring bike shed and all bikes are secure and locked at all times when not in use
- Maintaining and replenishing bike safety packs for guest use
- Advertising all bike rides and ensure guest participation
- Carrying out first aid and completing accident forms as necessary
- Complete and catalogue equipment booking in/out logs
- Ensure weekly admin related to servicing & damages is completed accurately and on time
- Carrying out monthly stock takes
- Assisting other departments as per operational needs, ie. assisting on the waterfront
- Must be 18 or over.
- Mountain Bike Leader award
- First Aid (valid for minimum 6 months remaining from start of contract)
- High level of personal fitness.