Offering coastal and countryside getaways, this rural retreat is ideal for Dorset family holidays or weekend breaks. Surrounded by views of the Dorset hills, the hostel is only a one mile walk to the famous Lulworth Cove, an icon of the Jurassic Coast and considered one of the finest examples of this type of land formation.
What can YHA offer you?
YHA Lulworth Cove is somewhere a little different, certainly not your average office. YHA offers a fantastic benefits package including:
- We pay a starting salary of £29,566 per annum. This role is fixed contract, 25-42.5 hours per week depending upon the needs of the business
- We can offer live in accommodation if required (The current staff accommodation charge is £60.90 per week)
- You will get access to YHA’s staff discount and cash back portal
- Free YHA Membership each year
- 10 nights free hostel stays per year for you and up to 3 friends or family
There’s lots more benefits to working for YHA so please visit our YHA Jobs website to find out more.
What will you be doing as Hostel Manager?
Our Hostel Managers are responsible for the day to day operation management of their sites and the customer experience there.
You’ll have responsibility for the achievement of targets across all aspects of the hostel operation, including food and beverage, and will be accountable for maximising as well as controlling expenditure.
Hostel Managers are responsible for a team of employees and occasional volunteers.
You’ll also contribute to the team effort in the day-to-day operation of the hostel, undertaking any tasks required, e.g. housekeeping, reception, food and beverage duties.
What Skills and Experience do you need to be a Hostel Manager?
Our hostel managers are responsible for the line management of the teams within their own hostels, along with occasional volunteers as well as for managing the operational budget and safeguarding of all guests.
To do this and work to YHA’s standards, we are looking for candidates who have:
- Proven experience of working within the hospitality industry
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements for effective safeguarding of vulnerable guests
- Excellent customer service skills, including experience of handling difficult situations
- Proven ability of managing varying pressure, including peaks in workload demands
- Experience of cash handling
- Experience of managing a budget (desirable)
How do you apply?
Submit your CV and complete the application form (it’s a short one, we promise!). If you need any assistance, please visit the contact page on the YHA Jobs website and someone from the team will help you.
Who are YHA?
If you would like to find out more about YHA the charity, the culture, the heritage and so much more please visit our jobs website.
YHA’s core strategic priority is access for all. It is a fundamental part of our charitable objects and the foundation upon which our 90-year history is built. We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone.
You can find out more about us by visiting the ‘Working for YHA’ pages of the YHA Jobs website.
PLEASE NOTE All relevant checks are in place to ensure safeguarding and legal requirements of safer recruitment are adhered to.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.