Posted on 04 January 2023
JCA currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced individual with an activities background to join the growing team at JCA’s flagship activity centre, Condover Hall activity centre in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
At JCA, we have over 25 years’ experience in providing fun and educational adventures for school and youth groups. We pride ourselves on delivering a unique experience, accompanied with an array of outstanding activities and facilities. Condover Hall is in the heart of the west-midlands countryside, nestled among beautiful scenery and a stone’s throw away from a multitude of outdoor pursuits, (no busy, city commute to work here!)
What will I be doing?
As an Equipment Safety Supervisor you will pay an integral role in the JCA operation at Condover Hall. You will be an ambassador for safety and will be responsible for maintaining the standards of equipment and activity bases at our busy centre. JCA and your passion and knowledge will be shared amongst the activity team. In peak-season, there will be approximately 70 activity staff – from Apprentice Activity instructors to Senior Activity instructors. We cater for up to 600 guests during our busiest times and the safety of our guests and staff will be your number one priority.
You will work under the direction of the Activities Manager and collaborate with our Deputy Activity Mangers. This is a very varied role but some of your additional duties and responsibilities will include:
- To be a key part of maintaining the standards or all Equipment and Activity bases around our busy activity centre.
- Conducting daily, weekly and monthly checks on PPE, activity equipment and activity areas.
- To ensure all equipment including PPE is stored, checked and available for use, adhering to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- To keep accurate records of all equipment and checks
- Running the activity stores, signing in and out any equipment
- Equipment maintenance
- Budget management and finance tracking
- Some project work to improve aesthetics and the general operation around the site
What are we looking for?
- Experience in a similar role preferable
- Excellent attention to detail, organised and hard working
- Confident in challenging where required
- The ability in work in a team but also confident in working using your own initiative
- The ability to work in line with targets and deadlines
- Good communication skills
The extra bits…
- Based at Condover Hall activity centre in Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- Permanent, full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Annual salary £20,000 per year
- Eligible for 2023 Travelopia bonus scheme
- On-site accommodation provided with no deduction for meals or accommodation – or live off-site if living in the local area
- 25 days annual leave + 8 for bank holidays (due to the operation, some bank holidays will need to be worked. Time off given in lieu)
- Further training will be provided including: Health and Safety and Safeguarding
- On-going opportunities within Travelopia and access to company benefits