Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
You will work closely with our 3rd party suppliers to help to deliver a fun, engaging, safe and informative Kite Surfing programme for guests of all ages while always providing fantastic service.
Whether it’s greeting guests as they arrive for their first ever session or helping someone celebrate their skills, you will go out of your way to make sure that these moments are memorable!
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- You must have the ability to work independently, proactively checking the weather reports to seek out the best Kite Surfing locations and to utilise our guests valuable holiday time
- Assist in the preparation, organisation, delivery and the running of activities for all guests both on and off the water
- Co-ordinate lesson timings, transport, kit and safety cover with our suppliers
- To assist in the organisation and hosting of social events, delivering briefings and always be happy to interact with guests at all times
- Actively participate in organising and running activity clubs for children
- Ensure all safety cover is of the highest standard
- To ensure the highest standard of health and safety is adhered to and that guests are advised on the practical/safe use of all equipment
- To take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Neilson equipment
- To ensure that the appearance of the activity areas always meets guest expectations
- The ability to work well within the beach team
- To set up, pack up, and help all guests using our equipment each day
- To assist the set-up of the beach/hotel at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- To be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your manager
- As the first point of guest contact, you’ll be confident to consistently deliver excellent, personable, informative and efficient airport transfers both to and from the resort
- To be well presented with a professional attitude at all times
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Kitesurfing BKSA Level 2 or IKO Level 2 Kitesurfing instructor or equivalent would be beneficial
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience of working in a watersports environment
- Previous customer service experience
- A full UK Driving license is essential, and you must be over the age of 21 for insurance purposes
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative kitesurfing sessions would be beneficial
- Skilled in safety and on water rescue techniques.
- Knowledge of current kitesurfing industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Works well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Self-motivated & organised
- Clean and tidy appearance
* For clarity, staff accommodation is either included in the package or deducted as part of the salary. This arrangement is resort specific. No employee will incur any loss of earnings due to the fact that the wage for each role is balanced across the entire programme.