As an MTB Mechanic, you will assist with the overall smooth running and ongoing maintenance of our fleet of mountain bikes across the resort. Reporting into the Head Bike Mechanic you will work on a rota basis to cover the bike workshop, based around our hotels and/or chalets, where you will maintain the fleet of specialised mountain bikes in your resort.
You will be carrying out repairs on our guests’ personal bikes when requested, assisting our guests with choosing the correct bike & ensuring they are set up correctly for their ride and ability. You will assist in the upselling of our specialized downhill bikes for the more serious mountain biker and ensure you meet set targets for sales on In-Resort bike servicing. You will have a series of logs to complete throughout each week when guests take out & return bikes.
- Central point of contact & knowledge in resort for all guests; mountain bike servicing and up sales of specialised bikes
- At the start of season complete all bike setup, servicing & maintenance. Ensuring all equipment meets with the company’s high standards
- Represent the company in a professional, well-presented manner at all times and in compliance with the company uniform policy
- Servicing of company bikes; including repairs to guests’ personal bikes when required
- Determine & promote local routes appropriate for age & ability AND/OR individuals/family groups
- Complete and catalogue equipment booking in/out logs
- Ensure weekly admin related to servicing & damages is completed accurately and on time
- Bike servicing
- Upsell of our specialised downhill mountain bikes
- Maintain bike stock, ensuring all equipment is always maintained to the highest standard whilst minimising cost through planning & scheduling replacement parts/equipment
What we are looking for –
- Outgoing and enthusiastic people obsessed with mountain bikes
- Motivated to provide excellent customer service.
- The ability to manage workload by themselves and delegate to the team where appropriate.
- Adaptable people who are willing to work long hours and have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and plan.
- Experience setting up and maintaining bikes
Requirements of the role –
- Full, clean, UK/EU driving license.
- Relevant Experience of working with bikes in their many forms.
Advantage if you hold a CYTEC or Equivalent qualification
Salary and Package benefits
- 35 hours a week working hours which include split shifts with great work life balance. Full training and development available with great career progression opportunities.
- Salary is competitive, uniform is provided, and staff meals are included within the working shifts. Accommodation, insurance, and visa can be provided as an option.