Job Purpose Summary:
To support the Overseas Operations Manager to deliver effective running of the Overseas Operation specifically in regards to our Equity Club program, our club representatives and coach transfers to ensure everything is organised.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the effective support of all Reps in the Overseas operations team.
- Support and help with training where required throughout the season.
- Drive a philosophy of continuous improvement by helping to motivate and encourage teams to strive for the highest standards.
- Take the lead where required and manage the airport team or teams in the absence of the Overseas Operations Manager.
- Support the Reps in the hotels to deliver the highest standard of evening entertainment programme.
- Support our third party groups throughout France where necessary.
- To manage the consistent delivery of excellent customer service
- To ensure the smooth running of transfers to and from the resort
- Organising, recommending, attending an evening entertainment program, ensuring any special requirements are dealt with
- Supporting our Reps with any medical, police and insurance matters on behalf of the guests
- Dealing with customer complaints where required
- To report and deal with any guest feedback as appropriate, recording and sharing information with Hotel Manager and Heads of Department
- Introduction/liaison/Contracting with key in-resort suppliers
- Ensuring Management control and effectively manage relationships with suppliers, hotel relationships, SLA's (service level agreements) etc by the formulation of checklists and the collation/review of appropriate paperwork.
- Support management to ensure all activities are fit for purpose following pre-determined Company/legislative requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Supporting and monitoring the H&S audits of hotels/suppliers, liaising with the H&S specialist as required.
- Responsible for ensuring that adequate measures for logistical planning and transport are in place for overseas equipment, uniform and supplies.
- Supporting the Management and Major incident response team in the handling of local cases such as coach crashes, deaths, heart attacks, domestic abuse, more serious ski injuries (head/spinal injuries, multiple fractures).
- Monitor and support the continued collation and use of guest feedback in improving the product.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with the Overseas Operations Manager.
- Be part of the Overseas Emergency Crisis team.
- Ensure VIP/FAM/Press trips are organised from an overseas point of view to reflect product and expectation.
- Maintain a level of knowledge of local working practise and laws applicable to the Overseas operation.
- Provide 24 hr cover, support and back up.
- Organise the movement of all ski equipment throughout the season to reduce the need for outside hire.
- Organise the maintenance of ski equipment throughout the season and finally at the end of the season.
- Create the transfer planner each week for all overseas coach transfers for club hotels and third party groups in France.
Person Spec and Skills:
- · Good organisational skills
- · Experience in school tour operation sector or ski industry
- · General experience of working in an overseas operation
- · Experience of delivering success in a Customer Services focused and environment
- · PC Literacy Microsoft products - Word/Excel/Powerpoint
- · Good Communication/Interpersonal skills
- · Ability to remain calm under pressure
- · Excellent adaptability and problem solving skills
- · Experience of leading, developing and motivating others
- · High level of attention to detail
- · Driving license
- · Fluent in French
- · Line management experience of a peripatetic team
- · Experience of training / Mentoring others in a structured environment
- · To have held a position which entailed problem solving skills to be utilized on a 24 hour call-out basis