Qualified River Leaders Required – UKCC 1, 4* Open Canoe/Canoe Leader Assessed
We are recruiting River Leaders who will be primarily responsible for leading groups on a two day Ardeche Canoe Descent (Grade 2 white water) under the guidance of the Head of River, with an overnight bivouac in the Ardeche Gorge.
What we’re looking for…
If you enjoy working hard whilst instructing activities and also having the opportunity to get out and about in some fantastic locations, then we want you to apply! We are ideally looking for people with experience of working in outdoor adventure with young people between 7-17 years old and the following:
- UKCC Level 1/2 Coach (Paddle sports)
- 4* Canoe Assessment/Canoe Leader Award
All of our staff participate in a comprehensive induction & training programme at centre and there are post-season training opportunities to gain NGB qualifications in different activities.
We are looking for people for an early April start who can ideally commit to working until late August 2020.
Why work for Acorn?
At Acorn you’ll get:
- A competitive wage
- Onsite food & accommodation available
- The use of facilities and equipment in your free time
- Opportunities to complete training and gain NGB qualifications
- Personal development and progression – we love to promote from within!
- The experience of a lifetime, working in beautiful locations making lifelong friends.
All applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a permanent UK National Insurance number and a UK bank account. We will be unable to take your application further before they have been obtained. We are unable to apply for a work visa/permit on behalf of an applicant.
A current Enhanced DBS Check or overseas equivalent is required for successful applicants.