Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
While on duty, it is essential that you remain alert and professional at all times in order to provide constant surveillance of all activities in the pool area. You will also actively promote and deliver swimming lessons to all guests.
In the event of an emergency, you will jump to the rescue of anyone in danger. You must be able to remain calm, manage the situation with confidence and be capable of administering any necessary first aid correctly.
You must maintain an excellent standard of customer service; you will need to be friendly, approachable and fun; however, the primary purpose of this role is to provide a safe environment for all guests, prevent unnecessary accidents and help to avoid any dangers.
This will require that you are firm but fair, making sure that all guests/staff follow the set rules and regulations of the pool, cautioning any swimmers against unsafe practices and deterring those causing a safety hazard to others.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Taking personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Neilson equipment
- To ensure the appearance of the pool areas always meets guest expectations
- Following the emergency action plan in accordance with all Neilson policies and procedures
- To perform lifeguarding duties in accordance with local laws and to meet the required standards
- Actively promoting and delivering ‘learn to swim’ group sessions, private swimming lessons, and assisting the Fitness Instructor with pool-based classes
- Regularly assist the Children’s Club, the beach operation, bikes, tennis and the office where required
- Able to work independently in order to organise, book and run your lesson plan
- To work as part of a team, setting up, packing up, and actively providing daily assistance to our guests
- Help to organise and host social events, deliver briefings and happy to interact with guests at all times
- To maintain a flexible attitude and to be prepared to move between resorts to meet the operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- You must be willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your line manager
Qualifications and Experience required:Essential for this role:
- ASA/UKCC Level 2 in Teaching Aquatics or Coaching Swimming or equivalent
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) or equivalent (This must be valid for the duration of the contract)
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience of swim teaching
- Experience of working in a pool environment
- Previous customer service experience
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to react calmly, quickly and effectively in emergencies
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- Knowledge of emergency First Aid procedures
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management and other staff
- Able to work using own initiative
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance