Our park teams are led by a General Manager and have a number of Heads of Department or HOD's which form a part of the park leadership team. Regardless of role they fulfil, the overall aim is about being an antidote for daily life and therefore our parks being a 'breath of fresh air' for our holidaymakers and owners. Supporting each other to deliver a set of crystal clear values ensuring that all team members help to create amazing experiences and memories for our guests, equally focusing on standards and services at all times.
We describe our team members, at all levels, as 'bright and breezy' people and you will need to have the right attitude for consistently living by dare to care, yes I can, keep it simple, make it fun and do the right thing for our guests......
All our Team Members aim to deliver this at all times, enjoying working in a busy, fast paced, fun and challenging environment.
As a Watersports Team Member I am responsible for:
- Providing outstanding activity experiences, ensuring service, quality and consistency ensuring all our guests have positive, fun and educational experiences.
- Ensuring all owners and holidaymakers know who to go to, and are given a warm welcome and a first class service allowing a true "escape from urban living" experience.
- Create and support a "sense of community" - a real family spirit.
- Provide a clean and safe environment for our guests by adhering to Cleaning and Health & Safety processes
- Recognise dissatisfaction and deal with complaints speedily and with empathy empowering a problem resolving team, resulting in customer satisfaction and improvement to the overall guest experience.
- Ensuring a robust knowledge of all products provided, identifying all secondary spend opportunities and guest experience improvements.
- Supporting & helping other Departments on Park when required
- Ensuring all watersports equipment, buildings and Lake Environment are maintained and inspected to a high standard (full training provided).
- Delivering best practice watersports activity sessions including Open Canoeing, Kayak Canoeing and Stand up Paddleboarding, (full training provided).
- Assisting Park management teams during site inspections and safety audits.
- Ensure correct fitting of Personal Protective Equipment for boat hire and activity sessions.
- Making sure all the activities you deliver are fun, safe and educational.
- Assists with marketing watersports courses, activities and events.
Paddle Sports Instructor Level 1 or the Coach Award all provided through British Canoeing.
This role is the perfect introduction for a long term career in outdoor activities and adventure we will provide full training and induction, ongoing mentoring, feedback and training development throughout the season and assist you to work towards National Governing Body Qualifications.
So, if you want to give your career the break it deserves then look no further