LOCATIONS: Greece; Vasiliki, Porto Heli & Kos
WHEN: Summer 2020
Reporting to the Waterfront & Activities Manager you will both be responsible for the overall smooth running of the activities available in resort. As a Beach Supervisor you will be responsible for managing the team of Watersports Instructors, Fitness instructors, Bike Guides and Child Care staff. You will occasionally, act in any of these roles in their absence if required. You will also support our customers throughout their stay, answering any queries they may have. You will ensure that practical and theory-based tuition is provided and that it adheres to RYA criteria along with guaranteeing that safety measures are in place and are followed at all times. In conjunction with the Hotel Manager you will create and provide a staff development and training program including succession planning. You will also be responsible for assisting in conducting the weekly staff meeting along with the Waterfront & Activities manager & the hotel Manager for the hotel staff.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Creating a welcoming and encouraging environment for guests to learn new skills
- Organising & Attending evening social events e.g. Charity fundraisers, Welcome Meal and Send-off BBQ
- Dealing with customer complaints in resort as quickly as possible to rectify them there and then.
- Ensuring all staff are actively encouraging & promoting all guests to attend all OE social events and meal nights to promote guests staying in the hotel as well as the staff socialising in the evenings with guests.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Effective running of the entire activities program
- Overseeing the safe and successful running of the bike, fitness & children’s program
- Running a daily staff meeting with the beach supervisors before all instructors and children’s club staff to assign duties, plan teaching sessions and ensure all groups have adequate equipment levels
- Motivating all staff to deliver high standards and enjoy their work
- Responsible for the opening and set up of all beach equipment in time for lessons
- Responsible for the childcare time to be ready and prepared for their days activities.
- Ensure all necessary maintenance checks and preventative maintenance tasks are carried out weekly
- Complete Staff inductions
- Implement and complete ongoing training programs in all areas, at all levels.
- Carrying out first aid and completing accident forms as necessary
- Taking bookings for activities and upselling ‘extras’ in resort
- Using initiative to meet sales targets
- Driving all of the staff in resort to promote upsell activities at every opportunity
- RYA Senior Instructor (in either discipline)
- RYA Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Start Windsurf Instructor
- First Aid (valid for a minimum of 6 months from posting date)
- Full, clean UK driving licence
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- RYA Multihull Endorsement
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing Planning Instructor
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing Non-Planning Instructor
- RYA Advanced Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Advanced Windsurf Instructor
- SUP Instructor
- Competitive Salary and Package
- Family and Friends Discount
- Travel to and from the UK
- Access to Watersports Equipment