Background information on
COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM
Ski Amis is an award winning family run business which has been operating in the French Alps since 1989. We have grown a lot during this time, which means each year our team of staff gets a little bigger but we still try to maintain the family feeling and to do our best to make sure everyone has a great time during their season with us. We now have 20 catered chalets in La Plagne, Les Arcs, La Tania and Les Menuires, a team of about 50 people in resort and an office team of 9 people in the winter based in Maidstone, Kent in the UK.
Out in resort, we provide a high quality service to our guests and we also care about our staff - we expect a high level of service and commitment from you but in return we also do our very best to makes sure you can enjoy your season with us and get plenty of free ski time – after all, that’s the main motivation for anyone who wants to do a season and we’ve heard too many stories of all work and no play with some of our competitors! Nobody is pretending it will be easy – but our ethos is always YOU do your job in the professional way we train you, give a great service to our guests to make our business successful (and get lots of tips in the process!) and WE will make sure you have the environment you need to get lots of piste time and the support for a great season.
In our UK office, we provide a high level of service to our clients throughout the booking process right up until they depart. We also expect a high level of customer service and commitment from our office team to ensure that every guest receives the pre-holiday service that they need, and each holiday is packaged to fit the individual client’s requirements. We are committed to developing our team from the inside and our best and most successful permanent staff have come up within the company from the grass roots. We have an apprenticeship programme to provide an excellent level of training, leading to recognised qualification from NVQ Level 3 up to Degree Level (depending on the role) – there are no training course costs for the employee and study is mostly during working hours – at the same time you receive a salary and work in a real job with development in the workplace as well.
Resort Based Positions
Our minimum requirements for ski resort jobs are as follows, without exception so please make sure you qualify before spending your time on a full application:
- UK residents only - an EU/UK passport with a UK bank account, residential address and EXISTING permanent UK national insurance number. You must provide your national insurance number on your application and you must already be living and working in the UK before you start to work for us
- Full EU driving licence, held for a minimum of 2 years with a maximum of 3 penalty points
- Aged over 21 (for vehicle insurance reasons) - all staff are required to drive so we cannot consider you if you are under this age
We are particularly interested to hear from people with any of the following skills:
- Dinner party enthusiasts - for all chalet couple jobs you must like cooking and know your way around a kitchen but this doesn't have to be in a professional capacity. Some experience in a catering environment would be useful
- Experienced drivers - people with 2 or more years of driving experience connected with their job in the last 10 years (which your previous employer is prepared to confirm in a letter) – this does not have to have been the main purpose of your previous job and can be with any type of vehicle. Alternatively, a driver CPC (from having worked as a coach or truck driver) or a RoSPA advanced driving certificate would qualify you too!
- French language skills is a bonus - although not essential
- Good skiers - with knowledge of the Three Valleys or Paradiski areas
- People who have taken quality catered chalet holidays themselves and understand the high service requirements of our business
UK Office Based Positions
- You must have achieved at least 5 subjects in GCSE Grades A to C (or 5 to 9 under the latest grading for Maths and English). Some apprenticeships have higher entry requirements – see the individual scheme descriptions
- You must have at least Grade 5 or “C” at GCSE Maths and English
- You must be very organised, efficient and motivated by results – you will be keen to learn and develop your skills
- You will have good ICT skills and be fast on the keyboard (which will be tested). You may not have necessarily chosen ICT as a GCSE option but you need to have some knowledge of Microsoft Office and in particular Word and Outlook – our business is run by a bespoke Reservations System for which you will be trained but we expect you to know your way around using the internet and general computer use.
- You need to have a confident and chatty personality – but understand the importance of focus and productivity in the workplace
- You will need excellent writing skills and be able to write persuasive and informative replies to enquiries with correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Flexibility is required with working hours as you will be expected to work on a shift system during the winter to cover the opening hours of the office which are 7 days per week - from 09h00 to 21h30 during the week and 10h00 to 18h00 at weekends and bank holidays. You will work a mixture of late and early shifts (most likely one late shift per week from November until March) and weekends and bank holidays are shared between the team on a monthly rota.
- Ideally, you will be a skier or snowboarder yourself to understand what a client needs on their holiday – maybe you’ve been on family ski holidays or school ski trips or even just tried out the indoor or dry slopes in the UK? If not, then you would need to be prepared to do some pre-employment research to learn the basics – which we can help you with
Overall – you must be motivated to succeed and committed to the development of a career in a fast moving industry which serves a demanding public
Applications which do not fulfil the above minimum criteria will automatically be excluded without response. If we have stated a “sex” requirement on one of our adverts this is due to accommodation and sleeping arrangements to fit with existing staff and not because we have any specific preference one way or the other!
Standard Benefits and Conditions
All resort based positions offer the following benefits:
- Competitive package
- All expenses paid accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the start and end of the season from a London airport
- Work uniform
- Fully paid training
For UK office based positions, the conditions are more according to the job and your experience but will include a basic salary plus commission and incentive schemes and all expenses paid for the external training course which accompanies the particular role.
Applications are made via our online application system only:
UK Jobs: https://form.jotformeu.com/SkiAmis/office-application-form
Our application form is detailed and asks a lot of information from you which allows us to assess whether you will fit with our requirements – be prepared to spend some time completing your application – we will ask you to upload a CV, a recent photograph and a menu plan for resort jobs.
Interviews are held in our UK Head Office which is in Maidstone, Kent throughout the summer from May onwards and offers are made ONLY on the basis of a face-to-face interview. We do not offer employment based on telephone or Skype interviews under any circumstances.
We have the following resort based positions available each year from November to April:
- Resort Managers
- Chalet Support Couple
- Chalet Supervisor
- Chalet Couples
- Chalet Hosts
- Chalet Chef
- Driver/Maintenance Staff
- Resort Administrator
The below vacancies are for our UK Office in Maidstone, Kent:
- Senior Sales Consultant
- Business Support Coordinator
- Apprentice Marketing and Admin Assistant
- Apprentice Sales Consultants