As an Alpine Elements Chalet Chef will be an integral part of the overseas Chalet Team, ensuring our customers’ expectations are exceeded at every opportunity. Reporting to the Resort Chalet Manager our chalet chefs are responsible for the entire kitchen operation in providing excellent quality food presented at the highest standard for up to 35 customers. Your daily routine will revolve around the delivery of an outstanding buffet breakfast with hot option, afternoon tea and set menu, 3 course, evening meal all within an allocated budget. You will also be required to maintain hygiene standards, complete and conform to HACCP and COSHH procedures.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- To ensure all Cold Store / Buffet items are available and replenished at all times throughout each service
- To ensure that the appropriate clean uniform is worn at all times.
- Provide all meals (breakfast & dinner) in accordance with the Company Set Menu
- Assistance with the service of the daily set menu
- Ensure a proactive approach to monitoring stock levels and compiling orders
- To receive deliveries of food ensuring it is checked, stored away correctly and rotated effectively in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Ensure and maintain high standards of food preparation, presentation and quality of food
- Ensure high levels of Hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with UK and local laws
- Complete daily kitchen-cleaning tasks and schedules
- Take and store appropriately; food samples of all high-risk food in accordance with HACCP regulations
- Record, Maintain and monitor daily HACCP records
- Internal: Resort Chalet Manager, Chalet Hosts
- External: Suppliers, Property Owners.
Person Specification (assessed via application, assessment centre or interview as appropriate):
Each of the criteria below is rated as Essential (E), Highly Desirable (HD) or Desirable (D). We place considerable emphasis on your Personal Qualities as the training and support we provide can often strengthen any weaknesses that exist in other areas.
- Strong social/People skills/Cheerful/Outgoing (E)
- Highly Motivated
- Passionate / Enthusiastic (E)
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team (E)
- Ability to cope under pressure (E)
- Willingness to work hard / long hours (E)
- Adaptable / Flexible Attitude (E)
- Honest and Trustworthy (E)
Skills & Ability
- Customer Service (E)
- Communication Skills (E)
- Problem Solving and Complaint Handling (E)
- Planning Organisational Skills (E)
- Literate and Numerate (E)
- IT / Admin / Social Media (E)
- Literate and Numerate (E)
- Training and Mentoring Skills (HD)
- NVQ level 2, BTEC, City and Guilds or equivalent Experience (E)
- Food Hygiene Certification
- Relevant Transferable work Experience (E)
- Catering for up to 35 covers (E)
- Catering to 4*, Al a carte or Set Menu, Standard, four course set menu (E)
Secure Cash Handling