Making American Dreams Come True Since 1962
Have the summer of a lifetime working at an American summer camp, the great tradition where the only philosophy is to have fun and make new mates, all day everyday. International staff like you bring variety, personality and new skills to camp, and this year it’s your turn to get out there. Book onto the programme today with a £39 deposit, and spend 8-10 weeks working and living the American dream.
Being a water sports instructor on Summer Camp Exchange USA combines the responsibilities of teaching on the waterfront with being a camp counselor. The job is as fun as it is rewarding, and you'll swap your mundane office for a beautiful beach, lake or swimming pool. What better way is there to enhance your skills?
We're looking for water sports instructors with experience in the following areas:
- Motor boat driving.
Teaching at camp usually means working in idyllic surroundings, but it can be an energy-zapping job! You could be working on the water for several hours a day, often in high temperatures, so stamina, patience and motivation are very important! On the other hand, on a very hot day, where better to be than on the water?
What you get:
- Placement at a camp in the USA – we match you with your perfect camp based on your personality, skills and experience
- Return transatlantic flight with other BUNACers, first night’s accommodation in the USA and transfer to camp
- Food and accommodation whilst at camp
- Pocket money of up to $1,100 depending on your age and experience
- Assistance with securing your J-1 work visa
- US Embassy meet and greet service
- Pre-departure orientation day in the UK to help you get ready for camp life
- Access to camp facilities during time off
WHEN DO I APPLY?
Now! Summer Camp USA is officially open for 2018, and interviews are taking place all over the UK. Click 'apply now' to find out more information on how to get placed in 2018.