As a House Parent, you will be responsible for the welfare and safeguarding of a select group of young students, boarding at one of a few locations (Gatton Park/Academies).
It is the House Parent's role to ensure that student's are supervised and observed, following any school rules and attending all aspects of the programme.
WHAT DOES MY DAY LOOK LIKE?
Your day will follow the routine of our school's, our House Parent's need to be available to the students when they return to their residence. This can include:
- Morning house supervision and room checks
- Lunchtime house supervision
- Evening house supervision (May include activity leading shifts in the boarding house common rooms)
WHAT EXPERIENCE & SKILLS DO I NEED?
To be shortlisted by our Summer recruitment team you’ll need to show us that you meet or exceed the following criteria:
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with complexity and resolve difficult problems and issues varying in nature
- Ability to engage students through the activities programme
It is highly advantageous to hold a valid first aid certificate and/or to have experience in a Boarding school setting
You'll also need to demonstrate:
- The ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
- An approachable and upbeat demeanour
- A caring and compassionate nature, whilst also demonstrating authority and approachability
- The emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
- And a positive attitude to the use of authority and maintaining discipline
READY FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? EXCITED TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM?
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM, AND SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED BY OUR TEAM OF RECRUITMENT OFFICERS TO DISCUSS YOUR SUMMER EMPLOYMENT