Introduction to the role
As a Holiday Representative you will provide a great experience to all our Guests from the moment they arrive on the campsite and throughout their holiday.
You will consistently deliver a ‘brand quality standard’ always meeting the expectations of our guests and aspire to exceed it. The core elements of the standard will entail:
- A great welcome with a smile
- Delivering safe, functional, fully equipped and clean accommodation
- Being visible and available to our customers when they need us
Please note, this role has replaced the role previous named "Holiday Courier"
- Travel; We offer flexible travel options. You can make your own way to the campsite and we will contribute to the cost or we can book a flight, ferry (as a foot passenger) or train for you
- Accommodation; You will be provided with shared live accommodation in the form of a tent or mobile home (varies dependent on campsite)
- Learning and Development; You will receive training at the start of your contract with us and regular one-to-one's to help you develop in your role
- Hours; You will work an average 32.5 hours per week, some weeks are busier than others. You will receive a minimum of 1 day off per week
- Season length; We offer full and half season contract lengths, our offer to you will depend on your availability, see dates above for 2019