Job Role Summary
To plan, organise and deliver an extensive climbing programme to cater for all guests according to Neilson’s standards and procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintain an excellent standard of customer service.
- Provide a climbing programme which caters for all guests, and their abilities.
- Proactively promote climbing both within the hotel and externally within the local area and with prefered supplier.
- Carry out all maintenance required to ensure climbing equipment is fully operational throughout the season.
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Neilson equipment and the satisfactory appearance of Neilson sites to ensure the meeting of guest expectations.
- Ensure climbing supplies are well stocked and place orders as and when required.
- Ensure that instruction and health and safety are to the highest standard.
- Set up, pack up, and actively provide assistance to all guests using the climbing wall each day.
- Help organise and host social events, deliver briefings and generally interact with guests at all times.
- Be prepared to move between different resorts according to operational needs of the business to fulfill your contractual end date.
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties, within reason, as requested by your manager according to training you have been given.
Qualifications and Experience required
- Climbing Wall Award or Single Pitch Award .
- First Aid certificate valid for the duration of the contract.
- Educated to GCSE standard.
- Experience of technical climbing maintenance.
- Previous customer service experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Ability to operate, varied, safe and informative climbs.
- Knowledge of climbing maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of emergency First Aid procedures and the ability to react calmly, quickly, and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of current climbing developments.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff.
- Able to work independently and on own initiative.
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships.