Rockley are excited to be offering an opportunity for a motivated, outgoing, individual to take on the Centre Manager role at one of our French Activity Centre based in South West France. Based in the beautiful Landes region of France our centres are located on French campsites, on the edge of fresh water lakes. This provides an incredible environment for us to offer a variety of activites such as sailing, windsuring & kayaking to the 4000+ students that we have visit us each year.
The Centre Manager’s role is to maintain, manage and develop all aspects of a high quality outdoor activity centre, keeping the needs of the schools, groups and staff at the forefront of their minds.
Rockley Watersports is one of the leading providers of watersports training and school activity trips in the UK. With its main centre based in Poole, Rockley has over 40 years’ experience in the watersports industry. At Rockley we pride ourselves on being one of the premier training providers in the UK for professional development and one of the leading operators of overseas adventure holidays for schools and groups. We work with an amazing team of individuals who are responsible for offering the highest quality watersports and adventure training and holidays for all our customers.
Responsible to the Operations Manager.
- The Centre Manager is ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all areas of the centre from first point of contact for clients on site to the onsite management of the trip, leading to happy, safe clients who want to return regulary.
- Liaising with teachers & group leaders both prior & during there stay with Rockley.
- Providing professional leadership and guidence to the centre team.
- Working closely with the Activity Manager and senior team to operate all activities to the high standards set out by Rockley.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- The manager is expected to set the example in attitude to work, company equipment, personal presentation, relating to other staff and visitors. Liaising with key partners and the the Operations Manager to keep a happy and sustainable working environment
- Work with the Activity Manager to ensure supervision of all shore and water activities.
- Ensuring activities are organised and run in line with company policies and statutory / accreditation requirements.
- Ensure that Rockley present themselves in the best possible light to visitors, club members and the local community. This will involve ensuring the centre and equipment, as well as events and initiatives, are of a standard to positively introduce Rockley to our potential audience
4. Sales & Administration
- Ensure that all administrative duties are completed, including course programmes, staff management, accounts, bookings, reports, and weekly schedules
- Organising events in line with agreed marketing plan to introduce the venue to potential and existing visitors
- Advising clients on courses, holidays and any other aspects of Rockley that may be required.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained to a suitable standard.
- Ensure that adequate stocks of materials and spares are carried.
- Deliver and maintain a quality service at all times
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to help develop and achieve best practice.
- Behave in professional manner at all times.
- Carry out any other duties required by the Company.
You will need to be hard working, motivated and friendly as well as having excellent customer service skills and the ability to be flexible and professional at all times with both customers and staff
- Prior experience of the management of a successful activity centre.
- You should be able to demonstrate the ability to work successfully on multiple projects without direct supervision.
- Computer literate, with strong administration skills.
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- Valid Passport
- Expereince / qualifications in teaching outdoor activities eg. RYA Senior Instrcutor, RYA Dinghy Instructor, RYA Windsurf Instructor, RYA Powerboat Instructor, UKCC Level 1, MIAS Level 1.