Part-time Instructor position with the ISIA Training Programme 2023/2024
Subzero Coaching is looking for Ski Instructors with a Level 2 (CSIA, BASI, APSI, NZSIA, IASI or equivalent) looking to work towards their ISIA Stamp.
If you are looking to expand your horizons, here it is. Our opportunity not only offers comprehensive training towards your next level but also provides the opportunity to work for one of our partner ski schools during peak weeks, either in Zermatt where we are based, or in other resorts in Europe.
- Level 2 qualification
- Language ability: fluent second language highly regarded
- A year or more of experience in Snowsport instruction highly regarded
- Up to date First Aid qualification
- EU passport higly regarded
Who you are
- Enjoy a people-facing role, skiing and making the difference to a client’s holiday from good to unforgettable.
- Value professionalism, courtesy, and punctuality.
- Have a friendly, outgoing and positive attitude.
- Are an excellent communicator and have strong time management and organisational skills
- Enjoy working in a team
- Teaching skiing in a professional, fun and safe manner to clients of all backgrounds, and all ages
- Enabling clients achieve their individual learning goals
- Ensuring you assist all clients and guests around the village in a friendly, informative and courteous manner
- Availability to work up to 7 days a week in the peak weeks, with occasional evening and weekend work
Run by Subzero Coaching, we offer two training options: 11 weeks - complete ISIA training programme, running during low season and covering all Level 3 modules9 weeks - Tech and Teach ISIA programme, running during low season and covering technical and teaching aspects in full depth.
Going above and beyond training on snow, the course is run by a team of coaches with a broad experience in the areas of the ski teaching, coaching and business management. Together we have created a package that is different from anything else you find.
Run in small groups, both courses includes:
- ISIA Tech and Teach-specific training including periodic video analysis sessions
- Off-piste and mountain safety training with specialised coaches and guides
- Seminars on nutrition, health optimization, customer care and communicationThe 11 weeks course also includes:
- Second discipline training
- Race training in a dedicated week with World Cup race coach
- Freestyle sessions
- Ski service demonstration
- Fitness training sessions with a qualified Strength and Conditioning CoachThese can also be added on to the 6 weeks programme.
Why ski with us
- Combined work and training opportunities all in the same winter
- Support in converting into European qualifications (if required)
- Active aid in building a network and insight into Europe’s ski industry
- Professional help in structuring your ski exam calendar and future work commitments
- Pro-deals on equipment
- Pre-season fitness training
- After season assistance with CVs and references
- Pastoral care; assistance in finding additional part time work and finding accommodation
If this sounds like the right role for you, we would love to hear from you.Get in touch directly with us at [email protected].