AVAILABLE TO BOTH SKIERS AND SNOWBOARDERS
The training and qualifications you receive on our Ski Patrol Courses are internationally recognised and will help ensure you can work in mountain patrol anywhere in the world. The 8-week Patroller Training Programme provided by Winter Sports Company covers all modules required to work in both summer and winter outdoor emergency care roles (e.g ski patrol, bike patrol and mountain rescue).
Included in the programme is an epic heli-ski experience day where you will enjoy the incredible untouched backcountry of the Purcell Mountains (provided by RK Heliski). We also run this at our other Mountains of Revelstoke and Sun Peaks.
On this course you'll work through our carefully selected modules to ensure you're fully qualified by the end of the course and have real hands-on experience.
- Module 1: CPR – BLS for Healthcare Professionals
- Module 2: Non-Urban Occupational Emergency Care, Level 3
- Module 3: Advanced Protocol Training
- Module 4: Rope Rescue
- Module 5: Aerial Lift Evacuation & Self Evacuation
- Module 6: Patient Extrication & Evacuation
- Module 7: Avalanche Skills Training, Level 1
- Module 8: Risk Management
- Module 9: Incident Investigation
- Module 10: General Patrolling
- Module 11: Helicopter Orientation, Air Evacuation, Air Rescue
- Module 12: GPS & Compass Orientation
- Module 13: Mentoring with Panorama Ski Patrol
You become a member of an elite management team when working for ski patrol, so you must be well prepared and trained to a very high standard. Our modules are carefully selected and although we work you hard the rewards are immense.
You’ll be first on the mountain preparing the slopes for the day, looking after injured guests and making sure everyone gets down the mountain safely when the mountain closes. You’ll learn about outdoor emergency patient care, avalanche control, air rescue, helicopter orientation, toboggan handling, mountaineering and many other essential and fascinating skills that will help you find work within the Ski Patrol Service.
You should be a high-level intermediate skier or snowboarder to take part on the ski patrol programme. Train to a higher level by joining our 11-week level 1 instructor training & Ski Patrol programme. Please contact us for dates, prices and availability by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +44 1548 831152.