Responsible for all aspects of Resort Operations within an allocated area incorporating several ski resorts, an Area Manager is the pinnacle of seasonnaire achievement. Pass your knowledge and experience down through your resort teams and watch them excel. It’s an incredibly rewarding role with the most valuable suite of transferable skills in the industry.
The overall objectives for an Area Manager are to ensure standards are kept consistently high and improved across the board, that performance targets are met and exceeded, and that all Skiworld guests receive a consistently excellent level of service in all areas as a result.
• Along with the Area Management team; planning and delivering the overseas staff training course including content, design, logistics, and evaluation, ensuring that all aspects of the overseas service advertised to our guests is adequately covered.
• Assist, advise and manage your team of Resort Managers throughout the season to ensure an impeccable level of service is delivered across your area. This includes set-up, close-down, in-season operations such as staffing, motivation, feedback, welfare, budgets, legalities and taking appropriate actions if and when necessary.
• Consistent and constant monitoring and reporting of resort and staff performance throughout the season, liaising with both the overseas and head office teams where necessary in matters concerning both staff, guests and the resort operation in general.
• Using your unique position and insights, produce an analysis of your findings of and recommendations to improve all aspects of European Operations and the Skiworld product for future seasons
• Highly self-motivated to over-achieve
• Charismatic and confident
• A problem-solver with demonstrable initiative
• Able to speak good conversational French/German (minimum)
• An inspiring communicator
• Previous Resort Manager or Area Manager experience for an overseas tour operator
• Proven successful experience in staff motivation and management
• Knowledge of and experience in conflict resolution
• A flexible, hands-on and proactive approach
The Area Manager package includes:
- Competitive monthly salary
- Performance related incentives (certain management roles only)
- Up to 10% holiday discount for friends and family (subject to terms and conditions)
- Access to a work vehicle