Being an Area Manager is a challenging and rewarding role where you will make a big impact on both the business and the working lives of our overseas staff.
You will work closely with the Operations Manager to manage the Alpine Elements Alps Winter programme from start to finish. You will continuously work on business and product development, training and developing staff during the season and be a key contact point for our customers.
You will manage a range of chalets and hotels across a handful of resorts, driving the brand forward and focusing on the overall guest experience.
A self-starter with the will to succeed in all aspects of the role, you will be the driving force behind the team achieving their set KPIs. An understanding of the industry; background operations and daily property management (chalets and hotels) is a must.
To be successful in this role you will be a Brand Ambassador, forging strong relationships with property owners and taking full responsibility for the management of the property handovers and hand back processes within your resorts. You will be tasked with achieving our high standards of product delivery whilst always identifying our teams’ successes but also areas for improvement in order to deliver operational efficiency and the required brand standards.
We believe our staff are the key to our success, you will ensure our team members are fully trained and equipped to fulfill their role to the highest of standards. This includes staff wellbeing in and out of the workplace, monitoring staff working hours on a weekly basis Is vital to adhere to local employment laws and compliance.
A flexible role you will need to manage your own time to ensure you cover all resorts in your area and prioritise tasks accordingly. You will be conducting daily/weekly check ins with your teams, visiting a variety of resorts and being on hand to our guests – so no two days are ever the same!
Health and Safety is also key, adhering to local regulations and any extra monitoring/procedures during the pandemic of COVID-19 as advised by government authority.
What we are looking for –
- Friendly and approachable
- Target driven
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Work in a high pressured, fast paced environment
- Willing to work long hours and have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Team player
- Ability to prioritise and plan ahead and adapt where needed.
- Experience handling complaints and dealing with difficult issues
- Previous experience at a management level.
- Knowledge of team development
- Excellent and friendly written and verbal communication skills.
Must have –
- Full clean UK/EU drivers license, driven for 3yras + and be over the age of 21
- Knowledge of the industry
- Experience working within hospitality or hotel and chalet operation.
- Experience dealing with disciplinary process and/or training & mentoring.
Advantageous if you have –
- Experience working overseas with a tour operator.
- Conversational French.