Snowcoach is an independent family run company operating two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have a large number of returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays and our staff!
The ***Hotel Terminus Mont-Blanc is located in Le Fayet, St. Gervais situated between Megeve and Chamonix with extensive skiing at St. Gervais/Megeve/La Giettaz/Combloux/Les Contamines. The hotel has 36 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, bar + lounge, a games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round.
The **Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the ski slopes including links to the Valloire ski area. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. We were awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2019 by Trip Advisor.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to work in the Hotel l'Aigle who would relish a position with the opportunity to ski/board, who is not afraid of hard work and has the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
Working overseas for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career and team building skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – but it gives you the opportunity to experience working abroad without having to fund yourself and you get paid in the process!
- Assist and support the hotel manager in all aspects of the hotel operation including looking after clients and staff and to be responsible in the manager’s absence.
- Working with the manager scheduling staff rotas, time sheets etc. and helping implementation.
- Set an example to the hotel team to provide clients with the highest possible level of service and provide on-going training, motivation and monitoring.
- Responsible for overseeing the delivery of the restaurant, bar and kitchen operation.
- Responsible for monitoring high standard of cleanliness in bedrooms, bar, kitchen and public areas.
- Assist with serving evening meals and help lead and organise the evening entertainment.
- To provide clients with an excellent holiday experience which is monitored through the weekly collation of client questionnaires.
What we are looking for:
- A UK/EU passport holder.
- An inspirational, confident leader with previous experience in the hotel and hospitality industries.
- Must be confident in a pressurised working environment.
- An interest and aptitude to manage and motivate staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organisational and time-management skills.
- Proficient in computer skills (particularly Excel), accounting and administration.
- Full clean driving licence would be useful and experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions advantageous.
- French language skills are highly desirable.
In addition to working for an independent company with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel to/from resort
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!