About Black Diamond Lodge
Black Diamond Lodge is proud to offer the finest Sainte Foy winter accommodation and cuisine. Our guests have access to a full range of mountain activities in a picturesque and unique environment. Black Diamond provides a unique winter holiday, with a combination of beautiful bedrooms, warm living spaces, great music, traditional log fires, friendly staff and delicious food. New this winter we offer our guests a beautiful indoor spa with swimming pool and sauna, external hot tub terrace and new grand reception area for arrivals and departures.
We are proud that we have got the product mix right at the Lodge and our on-line reviews support this; specifically mentioning our fantastic customer service.
Black Diamond Lodge accommodates a total of up to 26 resident guests. Our nearby chalets and apartments accommodate a further 40 guests. Our guests are from all over the world and our employees must adhere to all company policies and procedures in providing Covid hygiene safety and an excellent level of customer service.
The Lodge Host reports to the Bar and Restaurant Manager to provide food and beverage services to all resident Black Diamond Lodge and Chalet guests. Every Lodge Host must be professional, friendly and helpful at all times.
We expect all Black Diamond employees to be flexible and understanding of any changes we are required to make to the team areas of responsibilities or working hours and patterns at any time deemed necessary.
Black Diamond Lodge Host
Black Diamond Lodge Lodge Host provides bar and restaurant services to clients. The Lodge Host will deliver bartending, restaurant table waiting and guest holiday support and ensure that all Guest Services are delivered professionally.
The guest experience and the Lodge Host must endeavour to ensure guests enjoy their experience throughout their stay with us. Guest feedback will monitor performance.
A Lodge Host is responsible for the commercial success of the bar and restaurant. Our financial reporting systems will ensure all food and beverage services are monitored and profitable.
Lodge Host Responsibilities
- Deliver bar services during duty according to staff schedules and bar and restaurant opening times.
- Prepare and serve drinks and food to all bar guests in a timely and professional manner - keeping up a friendly rapport and providing local knowledge of Sainte Foy and the winter experience.
- Support the Bar and Restaurant Manager in maintaining cleanliness and order across all internal and external bar areas.
- Operate the bar and restaurant tills and credit card machines ensuring all monies are received for goods provided.
- Professionally answer the telephone, answer queries and take restaurant bookings.
- Working with the Bar and Restaurant Manager to organise music events and bar promotions to increase sales and actively promote the bar to Sainte Foy's winter guests.
- Support the Bar and Restaurant Manager in preparing and running the conference and banqueting facility when required.
- Assist all guests with any queries they have regarding the resort services including spa services, coffee & internet lounge facility, childcare services, shuttle services, ski hosting, mountain picnic and most importantly restaurant bookings.
- Ensure bar and restaurant ambience procedures are fulfilled at all times including fire lighting, candle lighting, set bar music is playing at correct volumes (inside and outside) and outdoor heaters are lit.
- Keep the bar areas tidy and hygienic at all times.
- Ensure all glassware, plates, cutlery and bar service items are kept hygienic and polished at all times.
- Clean bar and restaurant areas and bar toilet according to the published bar cleaning schedules.
Working in a professional bar and restaurant with a team of professional chefs is hard work so this position requires stamina, attention to detail and passion for good food. The Lodge Host should be versatile, as they will gain valuable international hospitality and customer service skills. The Lodge Host must also be robust physically as the work is very physical – with many stairs to climb every day and cases of food and drink to be handled as deliveries arrive and service commences.
A season in France with Black Diamond Lodge is an exceptional experience, which many of our team repeat. We are a small organisation which means everyone has a vital part to play - and there will be plenty of time to enjoy the mountain. Our season starts in early December, running through to late April.
Black Diamond Lodge is one of the premier accommodation providers in Sainte Foy and it is our aim to ensure the service received by guests is similarly the best available in the Alps.
How to Apply
Please send your CV through along with cover letter and photo to Rachel Duke at email@example.com. We must receive all three items in order to consider your application! We will not reply to your application if we do not receive:-
1. Your professional CV
2. A corresponding Cover Letter
3. A professional Photo
We look forward to hearing from you.