Are You A Born Entertainer and a Food Loving People Person..?
We hope so. As becoming one of our hand-selected Chalet Chefs, you are an Ambassador for Powder White and generally seen as the make or break of any guests' holiday.
The moment your guests arrive in resort they are met by smiling faces and the smell of mouth-watering food. Our Chefs need have a good background in high-end catering and the confidence to produce food alongside Chalet Hosts to a high standard.
Our Chefs aren’t tucked away and hidden from the guests. On the contrary, they will play a front line role in helping guests as much as possible. You will go the extra mile to make them feel relaxed and comfortable and exceed any expectations they may have. If you feel like you have all of the above then we would love to hear from you!
So what does the Chalet Chef role involve?
Variety! ...Being a Chalet Chef is often hard work and the hours are long but the rewards are endless. Here are just a few of the responsibilities that will fall at your door...
- Sharing your passion of cooking and food by providing hearty breakfasts and lovingly prepared 4 course evening meals (with canapés) on 6 nights a week for up to 26 guests.
- Ensure guests are provided with the Powder White Product as marketed and sold and as trained on.
- Managing all fresh and dry stock in the kitchen. This will involve weekly budgeting and shopping on a weekly basis for ingredients, working to an allowance allocated and menu guidelines.
- A strong sense of cleanliness and hygiene by undertaking regular kitchen deep cleans as well as helping out on daily cleans in rooms and changeover deep cleans of the entire chalet
- Working within food and kitchen hygiene standards as set out in the Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene.
- Ensuring your kitchen and storage areas are kept at an extremely high level of cleanliness. Adhering to all food hygiene regulations (HACCP) including temperature checks of refrigerators/freezers, date dots on all fresh produce and daily monitoring of high risk items.
- Faultless and courteous hosting covering all aspects of welcoming guests, serving Breakfast, Afternoon Tea and the Evening meal to arranging ski packs or booking a restaurant.
- Keeping up strong communication and relaying valuable feedback by attending both weekly Accounts and Operations Meetings with your Resort Manager and Assistant Resort Manager.
- Work to detailed Health & Safety Regulations and ensure that all elements of the property are in full working order.
- Ensuring that your chalet remains clear from snow in all necessary areas
- Playing a major role in the in resort team sales strategy of ski hire/ski passes as well as Powder White Extras
And what experience & qualities do you need to be Che with PW?
- Minimum of one years experience in a chef role in a professional kitchen or at least two seasons catering to a high standard for a large chalet.
- Ability/confidence to account for significant sums of money working to the allowance to achieve excellent service & cuisine.
- Proven experience of working in a team environment with the ability to work on your own.
- Self motivation, ability to juggle a number of things at any time & a strong work ethic.
- Organisation. With all the above duties in mind it’s imperative that you are able to manage, prioritise and develop your own routine to achieve superb results and exceed your own expectations.
- Grafters! We need people who love a bit of hard work... because it really is hard work.
- Computer literacy particularly in Excel (for accounting purposes), email & web research.
- Naturally hugely professional, reliable and flexible
- The love of meeting new people, building relationships and offering excellent guest relations on our behalf.
- An eagle eye for detail to maintain really high standards that you can be proud of.
- And last, but my no means least, a great sense of humour!
All Chalet Chef Applicants must have:
- EU passport
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
- A food/catering qualification or cookery course certificate
- Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene as a minimum. If you do not have a certificate, we can show you where best to get one.
- Use of a smartphone for free company communication and in order to access important information through the internet provided by Powder White. (NB. we do not require you to use personal phones for anything resulting in roaming/callcharges.)