Amazing food, delicious drinks and creative service, all set within some of the finest chalets in the Alps. Do you share our passions? If so why not join us for a season you’ll never forget?
We’re looking for talented and enthusiastic chefs to join our team. As a Chalet Chef you will be responsible for delivering a luxurious dining experience to your guests. You will have the opportunity to train in our signature dishes including Kaiseki - our Japanese fine dining experience - as well as using your creativity to refine your own style and menus.
The role is hard work but highly rewarding. Whilst we have extremely high expectations of our team, we also strive to create a positive environment for our staff. We structure our roles into realistic shifts so you can be sure you will enjoy a positive work-life balance with plenty of time to explore everything the resort has to offer. After enjoying a winter season in the spectacular scenery of the Alps our chefs have gone on to work in Michelin starred restaurants, luxury yachts and exclusive private residences.
- Plans balanced, varied and creative menus for breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner that are tailored to specific guest requests - also prepares staff meals as required.
- Works within the allocated budget and submits weekly menu plans and spend reports.
- Supports the Front of House teams as required and always take the lead in ensuring the kitchen is presented to high standards of cleanliness at all times.
- Maintain high levels of food hygiene during all preparation and service tasks, completing HACCP records as required.
- Prepared to work in an open kitchen, be observed by guests and demonstrate your passion for food on a daily basis.
Skills & Experience
- Professional cheffing experience either in private dining or a restaurant with a strong understanding of fine dining
- A real passion for modern dining experiences and the luxury ski industry
- Flexibility – able to cope well with varied and changing tasks and environments
- Excellent verbal communication - proficient in English
- Organised and well-presented with an excellent eye for detail
- EU Passport and/or the right to live and work in France
- Ideal candidates would also have relevant experience in a seasonal / private dining environment i.e. previous seasonal experience (ski/villa/yachts/private chef)
We offer a highly competitive salary and our flexible benefits scheme is market leading giving you the chance to define your own package to suit your needs - our packages include:
- Highly competitive salary & performance-linked bonus scheme
- Excellent pre-arranged seasonal accommodation (private room)
- Lift pass (local or full area)
- Ski/board and boot hireMeals whilst on duty
- Personal insurance
- Comprehensive training programme and ongoing professional development opportunities