Experienced Chalet Chef
Premiere Neige is a privately owned bespoke chalet company. We provide quality catered chalet holidays as well as self-catered chalets and apartments in the beautiful Alpine resort of Sainte Foy, France.We are looking for independent, mature people who have a good work ethic, an understanding of the hospitality industry and who enjoy leading an active lifestyle. Sainte Foy is a small, family oriented resort, renowned for great off-piste skiing and un-crowded slopes, ideally suited to those looking for a good balance between work and play.From our staff we expect a commitment to fulfilling their job and a great attitude towards their colleagues and our clients. In return we offer an excellent package and the opportunity to live in a beautiful Alpine resort.
We are currently recruiting for:
Passionate and qualified Chefs for our Catered Chalets to come and join our team out in the Alps.We are looking for chefs with some professional training and plenty of confidence to deliver modern cuisine that incorporates all of the amazing produce and seasonal ingredients available in France, creating memorable and mouth-watering meals for our clients.
This role would suit any chef who wants a more relaxed and interactive environment and the opportunity to develop their personal style in the beautiful surroundings of the Alps. You will be required to serve breakfast, afternoon tea and a sumptuous three-course evening meal five days a week. Within this framework we want to give all of our chefs the opportunity to be creative and cook their own bespoke menus for their guests.
Each group of clients is different and you will have to tailor-make your menu to take into account specific dietary requirements such as allergies. You will also be responsible for contributing towards the cleanliness of your chalet and weekly food budgeting and ordering.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not restricted to:
- Meeting and greeting guests on arrival and helping them with any queries, general questions and activity or restaurant bookings
- Creating a weekly menu to include breakfast, afternoon tea and a 3 course evening meal with canapes 5 days a week.
- Creating homemade canapés and petit fours to be served before and after dinner.
- Plating, presenting and serving food to a restaurant standard.
- Carrying out a weekly stock take and food order within a given budget
- Maintaining all health, safety and hygiene regulations
- Cleaning the kitchen, and where necessary, other areas, to a high standard
- Working with a chalet host to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and service
- Being responsible for the immediate reporting and resolution of all relevant maintenance problems
- Liaising with the resort management to ensure standards of guest satisfaction and staff discipline are met
The ideal candidate:
- Is flexible, reliable and can work autonomously
- Has experience of cooking for groups of up to 20 people
- Can plan menus taking into consideration children and guests with specific dietary requirements
- Can manage a catering budget and order accordingly
- Has a good understanding of H & S and a food hygiene qualification
- Has an open, friendly and outgoing personality
- Is available to work from approximately the beginning of Jan 2023 until the end of April 2023