Fantastic opportunity for a CHEF aged 23+ to cater for a chalet in the French Alps this winter.
The Chef’s role will suit someone who is keen to expand their catering experience and cater for sizeable groups in a new environment.
Chalet Val D’Abondance is a privately-owned chalet just outside Chatel in the heart of the Portes du Soleil, one of the largest ski areas in France with 650km of pistes. The chalet can take up to 45 guests. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a private chalet that prides itself in offering a high standard of comfort and service to its owners and their guests who holiday together in a friendly club-like atmosphere.
The Chef’s Role:
The Chef will be required to cook with imagination and flair for large groups within a tightly controlled budget.
Skills and Experience:
- Internationally recognised catering qualification(s) with hotel/restaurant experience
- Experience of cooking for large groups
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent budget management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the English language – both oral and written
- Valid food hygiene certificate
- Valid European Driving License
- We require applications from EU passport holders (including dual nationality passport holders); those with French residency and those already in possession of a valid French work permit/working holiday visa.
- Please supply current CV with application
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Menu planning and food purchasing within budget
- High standard of food preparation and service at breakfast/dinner
- Preparation of a 3-course evening meal
- Training chalet hosts to assist in food service/preparation
- Maintaining kitchen to Health and Safety requirements
- Ability to cater for various dietary requirements
- Interacting with the English financial director around budgetary requirements
- Competitive salary
- Accomodation in shared local apartment with our other members of staff
- Meals with guests
- Use of staff car
- Financial assistance with a Seasonal Portes du Soleil lift pass
- Medical Insurance (Medi card)
- Employer’s liability insurance
- Return flight from European airport to Geneva (if required)
- Transfers to/from Geneva Airport at beginning and end of season (if required)
- Share of tips
- Plus, a discretional bonus opportunity at the end of the season