Join our enthusiastic, motivated & professional team in the mountains.
Les Gets, La Plagne & Les Menuires (3 Valleys), France
Our Chalet Chefs positions are one of the most important roles we can fill in all of our chalets. This is a fantastic opportunity for any chef to demonstrate their extensive cooking experience and real passion for food using initiative to not only work on your own but also be a strong team player. All of our guests enjoy coming back from a day on the slopes to a homemade meal. You can make their holiday very special.
We are looking for well presented, organised chefs who are confident in their cooking skills. Able to manage their kitchen to ensure all meals are cooked to a high quality of service in a family friendly environment. Our chalets sleep between 9 and 30 guests and most of the kitchens are open plan which will allow you to share your passion and mountain experiences with the guests. This also means a good eye for detail, hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen is imperative. Our guests enjoy getting to know the chalet staff so we welcome individual personalities – they mean a lot to both us and the guests.
- Ensuring the chalet has a warm and family friendly environment for guest arrival and throughout the week.
- Organising weekly deliveries including cleaning products efficiently. Taking care of all fresh produce cost and efficient stock rotation.
- Providing all meals, afternoon cakes and canapes at the required high standard consistently
- Breakfast - Continental and cooked breakfast (7 days)
- Afternoon tea – Freshly baked cake (7 days)
- Canapes – Pre dinner (6 days) – guest eat out one night through the week
- Evening Meals – 3 course evening meals (6 days) Children meals (7 days)
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen at all times
- Assisting the Chalet Host with weekly changeovers with deep cleans which is often with a tight timescale
- Flexibility of working in other resorts if required
- Previous experience in hospitality and kitchen experience
- Good self-motivation and organisational skills
- Availability for the whole season – December 2018 until April 2019
- UK Passport holders only – Unfortunately, a working visa is not acceptable either.
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK Bank Account
- Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- We will conduct DBS (previously CRB) checks as well as taking up at least two references.
The Package and Benefits
Ski Famille are proud of the number of staff who return year after year along with guests so we want to ensure we can find the best people for this very interesting role by maintaining the benefits we offer to ensure our staff can make the most of their season in the mountains.
- A Highly competitive salary
- Accommodation for the duration of the season
- Lift Pass and ski/board equipment hire
- Accident and medical insurance
- Return air travel from the UK
- Comprehensive training in resort
- End of season bonus
- A fantastic opportunity & life experience
If you are hardworking and committed to the high standards we offer our guests and would like to be considered for one of our exciting roles, apply today!