Food and wine is very much the focus of a Morgan Jupe holiday. We take great pride in providing a memorable dining experience for each of our guests and we always use the freshest, best quality produce available.
We recruit only the most dedicated and enthusiastic chefs who have a real passion for food and a desire to share that with our guests.
The Role ...
The role of the chef is to organise the smooth running of the chalet kitchen and to serve superior quality meals with emphasis on fresh produce and excellent presentation.
You will work alongside a chalet host who is mainly responsible for housekeeping and hosting duties. Whilst your job roles are all very different, it is crucially important that you work together to ensure the efficient and professional management of your chalet.
As a guideline your responsibilities will include:
submitting weekly menu plans and writing up the daily menu to present to guests each morning;
catering for special dietary requirements;
pairing wines with starters, main courses and desserts (where appropriate).
What we are looking for ...
All candidates must:
- Hold an EU passport and have the right to work in the UK;
- Have a UK National Insurance Number and permanent UK address;
- Hold a level two food safety and hygiene certificate.
- Offer extremely high levels of reliability, independence and confidence at work;
- Have a flexible attitude and be willing to go above and beyond for your guests;
- Show enthusiasm for our product;
- Want to work as part of a small, passionate team;
- Be able to work autonomously and contribute to developing the product we offer;
- Readily take on feedback where improvements in their performance can be made;
- Have a personable attitude and a very good ability to communicate with team members and employers.
What we offer ...
- Better than market-average salary
- Performance related rolling bonus on top of salary
- High quality accommodation within walking distance of the chalets and town centre
- Generous staff food budget
- Airport transfers
- Ski or snowboard equipment
- Uniform (jacket, fleece, polo shirts and chef whites)
- Extensive pre-season training