Are you ready for a winter season of a lifetime?
We are after eager and enthusiastic individuals to join our team of Chalet Chefs for the 22/23 season in Val d'Isere, Tignes and Val Thorens. We are a UK family-run ski tour operator who have been running since 2013. We have 11 catered chalets ranging from 6-28 people which are all offered on a sole-occupancy basis. You will only ever have groups of friends or families in the chalets, we do not rent by the room.
As a Chalet Chef, you will be passionate about creating delicious food as well as delivering an impeccable hospitality experience to the customers staying in your chalet. You will be running a chalet 5 days of the week, preparing breakfast, afternoon tea, and 4-course dinner for your guests
Our chefs and hosts have two days off per week.
You will be responsible for stock control, wastage minimisation, taking responsibility for food hygiene standards and processes in your kitchen.
Although we have a set menu, we are very open to hearing your own ideas. You must feel comfortable catering for all dietary requirements such as vegetarians, vegans, coeliacs, lactose free.
You will work closely with chalet hosts to ensure a smooth operation and that guests have the best holiday possible. You must feel confident interacting with guests as well as working as a team with the rest of the resort staff.
- Great cooking skills and experience (although we are happy to take slightly less experienced chefs and build you up)- Chef qualifications including Food Hygiene level 2 minimum
- Have strong communication skills and a strong command of the English language
- Be proactive and work well under pressure with great attention to detail
- Be a team player
- Be well presented at all times
- Have previous experience with a preference for previous chalet/villa experience
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Are reliable and organised
- Are respectful and communicate well with clients and colleagues (team players)
- Are punctual and have a “can-do” attitude
- Have a positive, mature, and energetic outlook to work and season life in general
- Be flexible in your attitude towards our guests to maintain our excellent service level and reputation
What we offer:
As a Buildmyskitrip.com chalet host, you will receive a French contract and the following benefits:
- Comprehensive training
- A competitive salary (plus tips)
- A season ski pass
- Ski or snowboard equipment
- Travel to and from resort
- Meals whilst on shift
- Two days off per week
- Uniform provided (to provide yourselves: black trousers, black indoor shoes)
- Full training
- Medical insurance
- Winter sports insurance
Because we’re amazing and great at what we do. We know a company is only as good as its staff and we know that good staff are happy staff. If you’re happy in your role, chances are that our customers will be happy also. Therefore it is our job to ensure that you love working for us. With us, you will never be just a number. If you are dedicated and give your all, we will do the same. We are determined to create a friendly and happy work environment that you will love and ultimately ensure that your time as a chalet host with us, is one you will always remember (for good reasons of course!).
To apply: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and forward your CV, a cover letter, and a recent photo.