If you have a passion for cooking and you are looking to spend the winter in the French Alps – then Ski Amis’ Chalet Christine, now operated by TYL Travel Ltd would be your perfect fit. We are looking for a Chalet Cook to complete our team of four, experience is required but you do not have to be qualified. If you can cook, then we will train you for all you need to know to be a chalet cook.
Why choose Time of Your Life Travel Ltd?
We take pride in our staff and the high quality service they provide – we expect you to work hard and be committed to delivering these levels of quality. There will be plenty of piste time through the season and a competitive remuneration package so you can make the most of your winter season with us! We are a small business that has been running for 30 years. We are also have a small full time team that would love to welcome you into the family.
Spending your winter as a seasonaire will be one of your best experiences. You meet friends for life, improve on your skiing with plenty of slope time and you’ll take home so many memories and transferable skills!
You will be based in Chalet Christine – our large 28 person chalet in La Tania. The Chalet Cook reports to the Chalet Supervisor and your prime responsibility is for the kitchen and catering for clients.
However, you are also expected to be a member of the chalet team and are required to undertake other duties as the workload determines, particularly on “change-over” days and busy periods.
Skills and Experience Required
- Previous experience of catering for large groups – not necessarily a qualified chef but certainly with some proven experience
- Social skills to deal with the general public and all types of people including children
- Excellent standards of cleaning and hygiene
- Flexible team player able to live and work with other people
- The most important factors are personality, social skills and commitment
- Competitive basic salary paid in the UK
- All expenses paid food and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the start and end of the season from a London airport
- Fully paid training
- A benefits package for seasonal staff ski pass, equipment rental and medical insurance
- Work uniform
- Two days off per week
- Holiday accrued as per French rules
- All applicants must be over 21 years of age (for insurance purposes)
- Be resident and working in the UK with an existing permanent NI number and tax record
Our season starts with fully paid training prior to the season, this means you must be available to start on 25th November 2019. We also like our staff to complete the full experience of a winter season in the mountains and therefore you need to be able to work up until 30th April 2020.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!
The Time of Your Life "Ski Amis" brand Team