Please note we are looking for someone who is available to start straight away.
Chalet Val D’Abondance is a large privately owned chalet just outside Chatel in the vast Portes du Soleil ski region. The chalet can take up to 45 guests. The chalet is an environment where owners and guests holiday together in a friendly club like atmosphere.
The Chalet Host will report directly to the Owners’ Management Committee (MC), specifically the committee member responsible for staffing at the chalet. On a day-to-day basis the in-situ chalet manager will provide direction and guidance for the hosts to maintain the high standards of the chalet.
MAIN PURPOSES OF THE JOB
To assist in and maintain the Chalet’s high standards, particularly in the areas of: catering, cleanliness, customer service, plus health and safety.
The Chalet Host will be required to develop a partnership approach with the (MC) and owners, taking on responsibility for daily services at the Chalet as part of a team consisting of Chalet Manager, Chef, & 2/3 Hosts
- Previous experience of similar chalet work preferred
- Excellent spoken English, together with an outgoing personality and the ability to socialise with new people
- Flexibility – which is always needed in a small team
- A good level of personal initiative
- High standards of cleanliness, presentation and time keeping
- Working knowledge of French beneficial
- Valid European driving licence is an absolute requirement
- Experience of food preparation and catering for large groups desired
- Currently, we can only accept applications from EU passport holders (including dual nationals and Irish passport holders), those with French residency, and those already in possession of a valid French work permit/working holiday visa.
- Please supply current CV with application
- Competitive salary
- Accommodation in a shared apartment
- Meals with guests
- Use of staff car for travel to and from chalet and staff accommodation
- Seasonal Portes du Soleil lift pass
- Medical Insurance (Medi card)
- Employer’s liability insurance
- Return flight to and from Geneva
- Transfers to/from Geneva Airport at beginning and end of season
- Share in tips and bar profits at the end of the season