We are looking for Chalet Hosts to work alongside our chalet chefs and provide a very high level of customer service to guests staying in our catered chalets. Your role will involve cleaning your chalet, serving breakfast and dinner and acting as a host for your guests. And of course between morning service and coming back to serve afternoon tea, you'll be able to enjoy some well-earned time on the mountain with your lift pass and ski/board hire!
It is essential that you are a "cheery" people-person as a key part of your role is interacting with clients and ensuring their holiday is perfect. Previous hospitality experience is important, as we have high levels of service and we will expect you to be knowledgeable about the food and wine that you are serving. We're looking for professional, team-orientated people who are reliable, have a "can do" attitude and are confident talking to a wide range of people. For those interested in cooking, there may be the opportunity to receive some culinary training so you can act as a relief chalet chef if required.
Responsibilities and Duties Include (but are not restricted to):
- Meeting and greeting guests on arrival and helping them to settle into the chalet and resort.
- Helping guests with any queries related to their holiday.
- Liaising with our Concierge team to make bookings and reservations on behalf of the guests, and to receive arrival lists for the chalet and deal with any special requests accordingly
- Assisting your Chalet Chef in providing a luxury catered service, 5 days a week, including basic food preparation, laying the table, serving and clearing
- Ensuring that the chalet is immaculate for the guest arrival, as well as cleaning the chalet to a high standard on a daily basis.
- Being responsible for the immediate reporting and resolution of all maintenance problems
- Being available to assist in other areas of the resort when required
- Keeping the areas surrounding the properties clean and free from ice and snow
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is flexible, reliable and can work autonomously
- Has extensive cleaning experience, ideally within a similar role
- Has excellent communication skills
- Really enjoys meeting and interacting with loads of different types of people
- Has good attention to detail and the hard working nature that is required to deliver a superior level of cleanliness
- Has previous hospitality experience, especially table service or housekeeping
- Is available to work from the beginning of December until the end of April, however, we will consider applicants who can only work part of the season.