Powder N Shine is an independent, owner-run catered chalet business operating solely in quaint Reberty Village, a piste-side collection of properties in the heart of the Three Valleys. Our chalets are located at high altitude (2000m) and are truly ski-in/ski-out. Each of our 5 chalets is run by a team of 2 or 3 staff, plus management, who collectively provide a 5* service to our guests who visit Powder N Shine from all over the world and very frequently return.
The role of Chalet Host involves making our guests feel as welcome, comfortable and happy as possible within the chalet during their stay with Powder N Shine. Your commitment to high quality service and ensuring a friendly environment for all guests will be at the forefront of your responsibilities.
The overall requirement will be to ensure that guests have a memorable stay with Powder N Shine through being as attentive, professional and engaging as possible at all times, without exception. You must have huge attention to details in all areas required to run a chalet – cleaning, service, presentation, engagement, pro activity etc.
Specific responsibilities and tasks will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Service of breakfast, afternoon tea and evening meals
- Assisting the chef in food preparation where appropriate
- Daily cleaning of bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen and communal areas
- Weekly deep clean of all areas mentioned above as well as the garage and spa areas on changeover day (typically Saturdays)
- Some general administration tasks such as upkeep of honesty bar and petty cash
- Daily maintenance of the jacuzzi and sauna (<10 minutes per day)
- General chalet upkeep such as changing light bulbs etc.
Skills and Capabilities Profile
- Fully-established couples who are able to live and work together
- Excellent social skills to deal with people from all walks of life, of all ages and often families with children
- Uncompromising standards of hygiene and professionalism
- Front of House experience in fine dining restaurants or in hospitality is a must
Why work for Powder N Shine
- We are a well-established, owner-run company entering our 9th winter season. The owners live a matter of minutes away meaning that you are given the best possible support in resort at all times. We have a high number of returning staff year after year, so you will be working with like-minded individuals looking after our wonderful guests from all over the world
- We do ensure that our employees benefit from a (very) fair proportion of skiing and private time, and those that do a good job will also enjoy healthy tips from happy guests
- Our chalets are situated on the piste so you finish work and literally put on your skis! There is no time wasting on buses or walking to the pistes
- We really care about all of our staff and you are provided support from the moment you accept working for us, until your return at the end of the season
- We provide extensive training at the beginning of the season allowing you to become fully equipped with all the relevant skills and knowledge to provide excellent customer service to our guests
- We offer an excellent salary and benefits package to reflect the work involved which can be challenging at times. Our package is one of top in the industry range
- Working for Powder N Shine can really enhance your CV and enable you to work in other high end work – seasonal and more permanent, so if you are looking to work a winter season as a one off experience or looking to forge a seasonal career path, we believe that Powder N Shine is for you
- French minimum wage - excellent pay
- Food provided in the chalet
- Travel to and from resort at the start and end of the contract
- 35 hour week plus plenty of potential piste time
All applicants must be in possession of an EU passport or work permit for the UK and an existing permanent UK National Insurance number. Due to motor insurance requirements, only applicants over 21 years of age will be considered – there is no maximum age limit.
We also accept Chalet Chef and Host Couples:
The Chef (separate Job Description can be provided for this):
- You will hold a recognised Catering qualification such as NVQ and City and Guilds Chef Qualification along with extensive kitchen experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years post-qualification experience in professional kitchens in fine dining restaurants (ideally to 3 AA rosette standard/1 Michelin Star or equivalent) having held chef de partie or more senior positions
- Excellent social skills to deal with people from all walks of life of all ages and often families with children
- Uncompromising standards of hygiene and professionalism – HACCP hygiene certificate is a must
- The ability to bring ideas to the menus and also be able to multi task by dealing with different dietary requirements
- A love and passion for food and cooking is an absolute must – Powder N Shine pride themselves on serving the best quality meals of which we have a good reputation