Join Ski Amis’ great team of Chalet Host’s in the French Alps and perfect your skills on the slopes whilst working a winter season. No experience necessary – all training is provided - you just need to have a great personality, plenty to talk about and a commitment to deliver fantastic customer service to our guests.
Why Choose Ski Amis?
We take pride in our staff and the high quality service they provide – we expect you to work hard and be committed to delivering these levels of quality. There will be plenty of piste time through the season and a competitive remuneration package so you can make the most of your winter season with us! We are a family business that has been running for 30 years, we have a work hard, play hard culture and everyone is part of the family. Most of our clients are returning guests and you will play a part in growing this list!
Spending your winter as a Chalet Host will be one of your best experiences. You meet friends for life, improve on your skiing with plenty of slope time and you’ll take home memories and transferable skills!
Personality is key at Ski Amis – you must have the dedication, commitment and social skills to be a wonderful host for your guests.
As a chalet host in our large 28 bed chalet "Chalet Christine" in La Tania, you will be part of the team responsible for providing the high quality catered chalet holidays we are renowned for. You will report to the Chalet Supervisor who is responsible for the overall management of the chalet. Your job will include:
- Working with the Chef in the preparation and serving of breakfast, afternoon tea a three course evening meal
- Daily Cleaning
- Transfer Driving
- Resort Assisting Duties
- Basic Chalet Maintenance
There is also the opportunity to be a Chalet Support Host which will be based in Aime and float between chalets to support when needed rather than being part of a particular chalet team. If you strive on changes of pace and love to lend a hand, this job would be perfect for you!
Note - Chalet Christine host filled
The boring bit…Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred but not essential
- Excellent social skills to deal with the general public and a variety of people including children
- Excellent standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Team player who is able to live and work with other people within a close environment
- Must have a full UK driving license held for at least 2 years - all staff must be able to drive and we are particularly looking for candidates who have two years of professional driving experience in some capacity
Our Competitive Benefits Package
- Competitive basic salary paid in the UK
- All expenses paid food and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the start and end of the season from a London airport
- Fully paid training
- A benefits package for seasonal staff ski pass, equipment rental and medical insurance
- Work uniform
- One full day and two half days off per week
- End of season bonus scheme
- Holiday accrued as per French rules
- All applicants must be over 21 years of age (for insurance purposes)
- Be resident and working in the UK with an existing permanent NI number and tax record
- You must be available for a face-to-face interview at our head office in Maidstone, Kent
Our season starts with fully paid training prior to the season, this means you must be available to start on 26th November 2018. We also like our staff to complete the full experience of a winter season in the mountains and therefore you need to be able to work up until 30th April 2019.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!
The Ski Amis Team