Chalet Hosts Required
Are you friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic?
Ready to share your passion for good food and deliver excellent customer service?
We are looking for Chalet Hosts to take sole charge of our clients chalets throughout France and Austria.
As a Chalet Host you will be directly responsible for ensuring all chalet customer’s holiday expectations are exceeded.
You will be responsible for hygiene, cooking, stock-control and budgeting, you’ll keep things running smoothly and efficiently at all times. Creating a welcoming atmosphere for your guests, you will be servicing rooms and communal areas daily. Providing breakfast, high quality 3 or 4 course evening meals, homemade cakes and biscuits for afternoon tea and a continental breakfast with hot option.
The work is tough, but great fun and really rewarding professionally and personally!
The main purpose of the job
To provide guests with an excellent holiday by managing and running a chalet following the guidelines supplied and taking responsibility for all the guests needs whilst in resort.
- Being a warm and friendly host to the guests and dealing with any guest issues that may arise
- The day to day running of the chalet
- To comply with all procedures & standards as set out in staff manuals
- To support and liaise regularly with your manager
Your duties include
- Care for guests each week with a warm and friendly manner, assisting with all their requirements and resolving any issues that may arise.
- Host a welcome meeting with canapés and drinks to inform guests on chalet procedures and what to expect from their holiday
- Provide resort information and ski area information
- Prepare and serve breakfast six days a week as per menu plan
- Cook a delicious and well presented three course evening meal six days a week as per menu plan and dine with guests. Also cook an equally delicious high tea for children when required
- Provide fresah baked cakes for afternoon tea seven days a week
- Keep all areas of the chalet clean at all times; including a daily clean of bedrooms and a weekly transfer day deep clean
- On transfer day as well as a thorough clean of the chalet, change linen & towels whilst making necessary preparations for welcoming new arrivals, bidding farewell to departing guests and always be available to help with luggage
- Clean fire grate and lay fire wood six days a week
- Assist with purchase of lift passes and arranging ski school or ski hire if necessary
- Efficient food ordering and correct storage of all foodstuffs. Daily local shopping for bread and milk may be necessary.
- Competent control of wine stocks including storing & serving wine at the correct temperature
- Monitor your chalet expenditure with the aim of achieving your set budget
- Correctly manage linen stock ensuring it is always ready for collection on time
- Keep access paths and steps to and from your chalet (and any other designated area) free of snow and ice at all times
- Care and maintenance of chalet equipment, fixtures and fittings e.g. dishwasher, cooker, washing machine, freezer, light fittings
- Complete weekly paperwork
- Being a conscientious member of the resort team, assisting other team members as required
Please note that this job description is purely intended to give you an idea of what your work involves and is not intended to be a precise breakdown of your duties.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
You must be at least 18 years old
You will need to have:
- An EU passport, a UK bank account and a permanent UK National Insurance Number
- A friendly and helpful manner, and a willingness to go that extra mile
- A willingness to put guests' needs first and ensure they have a fantastic holiday
- An ability to demonstrate menu planning
- A passion for cooking
- The capacity to work well under pressure
- Patience and a sense of humour
- A love of skiing/snowboarding and all things Alpine, or at least a strong desire to learn
- An ability to work on own initiative and be a good team player
- A neat and well groomed appearance at all times
- An eye for detail
- First rate timekeeping
- An ability to work to a budget
- A practical and hands on approach
- Enthusiasm and dedication
- Your own laptop
- Kitchen hygiene awareness
- A working knowledge of French, whilst useful it is not essential
- Good organisationalskills
- Excellent communicationskills
- A cooking diploma or ability to cook appetising meals for between 6 and 18 people
- Previous experience within the hospitality industry would be preferable