Are you excited to deliver great customer service and create a home from home for our guests?
As an Alpine Elements Chalet Host you will play a big part in our guests’ holiday and be directly responsible for ensuring all our guests holiday expectations are exceeded. Create a welcoming atmosphere, you will be servicing rooms and communal areas daily. Providing breakfast, high quality 3 or 5 course evening meals, homemade cakes and biscuits for afternoon tea and a continental breakfast with hot option. All our chalet hosts are recruited ready to be in sole charge of one of our chalets. You’ll need to be friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic ready to share your passion for good food, the mountains and deliver excellent customer service. You will be responsible for hygiene, cooking, stock-control and managing your budget, you'll always keep things running smoothly and efficiently.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- To ensure Alpine Elements chalet guests’ expectations are exceeded at all opportunities.
- Assisting guest throughout their holiday and providing information and answering questions when needed.
- Meals prepared to a high standard and delivered on time as advertised.
- Service rooms, bathrooms and communal areas daily.
- Clear snow from paths and footways, windows and escape routes
- Regular cleaning of chalet and kitchen area.
- Deep clean all chalet areas on transfer days and reset in a timely manner ready for guest arrivals.
- Conduct weekly chalet welcome meetings for guests.
- Ensure the appropriate clean uniform is worn at all times adhering to company uniform guidelines.
- Prepare to our high standard; breakfast including hot option, Cakes for Afternoon Tea and a set menu three or five course evening meal
- Sell and prepare to order customer packed lunches
- Assist guests with luggage to rooms, escorting to and from local ski hire shops.
- Ensuring you achieve set targets for guest satisfaction scores for “First Impressions”, cleanliness, food and comfort.
What we are looking for
- Passion for the mountains
- Outgoing and enthusiastic.
- Motivated to provide excellent customer service.
- Adaptable people who are willing to work long hours and have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to work alone and a part of a team.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Honesty and trustworthy
- Relevant transferable experience
- Confidence to cater for up to 12 people a 3 course menu by yourself.
- Relevant transferable work experience.
- Experience problem solving customer issues
- Chalet host cookery course (Desirable)
- Food hygiene certification (Desirable)
Salary and Package benefits
Accommodation, Insurance, uniform, local lift pass and standard equipment hire (snowboard and boots or skis and boots) some meals provided.