The Alpine Generation are now recruiting for Winter 2020/2021!
The Alpine Generation team know what it’s like to host a chalet and spend a winter season in the Alps. Between us we’ve worked for, and stayed with, many of the large tour operators and the independent chalet companies. We recognise the crucial role that our hosts play in making sure our guests want to return to us year after year. We pride ourselves on fostering a supportive atmosphere for our hosts, offering hands on assistance and guidance where it's needed.
In particular we are keen to hear from mature, enthusiastic people who have a positive outlook, a passion for creating delicious food, fantastic attention to detail, and a proven ability to quickly build strong relationships with a variety of different people. Our chalet hosts are responsible for all aspects of chalet life, and are involved in everything from cooking and serving to housekeeping and snowclearing.
Please note some hosting positions are suitable for couples or pairs.
- A passion and enthusiasm for cooking – We are looking for a good underlying knowledge of cooking, alongside experience of catering for large dinner parties, a background in catering or cooking, or attendance on a chalet-focused cookery course.
- A keen interest in people – We are looking for hosts with a sociable personality who will enjoy getting to know your new guests every week.
- High performance standards - You should be determined to perform all aspects of your role to the highest possible standards; be it cleaning, food preparation, chalet administration or guest interaction.
- Excellent organisational skills - Half the battle of being a chalet host is already won if you can plan your time effectively, and work efficiently.
- A good level of physical fitness and stamina - The role involves a lot of time on your feet (working and skiing!)
- A love of skiing or boarding!
So, if you think you’ve got what it takes to balance the demands of a busy winter season and ensure that our guests have the holiday of a lifetime, please get in touch with your CV including a recent photograph.
Please note that all applicants must be EU passport holders or in possession of a valid French work permit. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.