The Alpine Generation are now recruiting for Winter 2019/20!
In particular we are keen to hear from mature, enthusiastic people who have a positive outlook, a passion for creating delicious food, fantastic attention to detail, and a proven ability to quickly build strong relationships with a variety of different people.
The Alpine Generation team know what it’s like to host a chalet and spend a winter season in the French Alps. Between us we’ve worked for, and stayed with, many of the large tour operators and the independent chalet companies. We recognise the crucial role that our hosts play in making sure our guests want to return to us year after year. We pride ourselves on fostering a supportive atmosphere for our hosts, offering hands on assistance and guidance where it's needed.
Additionally you will need:
· Excellent organisational skills - Half the battle of being a chalet host is already won if you can plan your time effectively to maximise your time on the mountain.
· A keen interest in people - An inherent interest in people is crucial, along with a sociable personality, to ensure that you will genuinely enjoy getting to know up to 12 new guests every week.
· A passion and enthusiasm for cooking – We are looking for a good underlying knowledge of cooking, alongside experience of catering for large dinner parties, a background in catering or cooking, or attendance on a chalet-focused cookery course.
· High performance standards - You should be determined to perform all aspects of your role to the highest possible standards; be it cleaning, food preparation, chalet administration or guest interaction.
· A good level of physical fitness and stamina - The role involves a lot of time on your feet (working and skiing!)
· A love of skiing or boarding! – After all, that’s what you’re here for, and we want to maximise your time on the mountain!
So, if you think you’ve got what it takes to balance the demands of a busy winter season and ensure that our guests have the holiday of a lifetime, please get in touch with your CV and covering letter, including a recent photograph of yourself.
Please note that all applicants must be EU passport holders or in possession of a valid French work permit. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.