As a Chalet Hotel Manager, you will manage a team of hotel staff. Encouraging them, motivating them and monitoring them in their roles throughout the winter season. You will be driven to achieve and succeed your revenue and service quality targets and manage effectively all departments within your hotel operation.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Guest relations – You will have the ability to create and maintain a welcoming, comfortable environment within the hotel, and to provide guests with information, help and guidance to ensure a high standard of customer service.
- Guest feedback – You will closely monitor all guest feedback to ensure that the service provided to guests is meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Training – To take responsibility for organising, coordinating and delivering pre-season staff training.
- To be proactive in dealing with any additional training requirements in order to boost service scores.
- KPI’s and Objectives – To set and monitor staff objectives.
- Day to day management – You will manage your team, monitoring staff performance along with income and feedback targets.
- Coordination of all staff work rosters and rostered days off along with payroll information.
- Development of the team – To manage, motivate and develop your teams throughout the season.
- To monitor/control budgets and expenditure with the accurate and timely financial accounting.
- Bar and ski pack sales – Drive and monitor the sales of drinks in the bar and ski pack sales. Set targets for staff and monitoring these throughout the season.
- Stock control – To take responsibility for the management of ordering and purchasing within the hotel including stock orders, levels, stock takes and to monitor/recording all wastage.
- Cleanliness of hotel - To ensuring all areas of the hotel are cleaned and maintained on a daily, weekly and seasonal basis in accordance with company standards.
- Guest dining – Deliver a varied menu on a 6-day basis as provided by the UK team, and constantly improve methods so as to maintain a fresh approach to food preparation and service.