We are recruiting enthusiastic and passionate people to work with us on a seasonal or permanent basis. We are expecting candidates to have an understanding of the ski tourism industry and a strong interest in our product. Candidates will place the same emphasis on customer service as we do and will not hesitate to go beyond their job description to meet guests' needs.
We started Morgan Jupe with one chalet in Morzine and one mission: to deliver market leading winter holidays, with an intense focus on gastronomic food and a unique wine list.
Afer five successful winter seasons in Morzine, we now operate six properties here; one in Les Gets and one in Northern Brittany. We’ve developed an incredibly strong reputation within the industry and our most important asset has always been our team.
The Role ...
This role involves managing a single B&B chalet sleeping 10 guests. Your combined jobs will include preparation of breakfast and afternoon tea, daily housekeeping duties, weekly changeover cleaning and ensuring your guests are well cared for throughout their stay. You will also be responsible for providing a slope shuttle service for your guests each morning and afternoon. Whilst the smooth running of the chalet is your responsibility as a couple, it is crucially important that you work together with the rest of the team to ensure the efficient and professional management of your guests.
One (or both) of you will have additional responsibilities outside of the management of your chalet. These will include being part of the general driving rota for our other properties, providing cover cooking and/or preparing meals at our other properties (or your own). You can generally expect to work a long morning, followed by the afternoon off, before returning to your duties in the evening. You will have one full day and two half days off per week.
As a guideline your role will include:
All housekeeping duties
daily cleaning of all bedrooms, bathrooms, communal areas (including laundry areas and ski room);
ensuring the chalet is presented to a very high standard;
ensuring that any ‘in house' chalet laundry is completed on a daily basis;
ensuring that any maintenance issues are resolved quickly and efficiently.
deep cleaning of the bedrooms, bathrooms and communal areas;
preparing the chalet for the new guests;
stock control and ordering.
- Hot tub management and snow clearing.
What we are looking for ...
All candidates must:
- Hold an EU passport and have the right to work in the UK.
- Have some professional driving experience.
- Hold a level two food safety and hygiene certificate.
- Be seriously interested in food and wine as a part of their lives; not just because it's a part of their job.
- Offer extremely high levels of reliability, independence and confidence at work.
- Be very flexible around working hours and job descriptions as the routine will vary throughout the season.
- Show enthusiasm for our product.
- Want to work as part of a small, passionate team.
- Be able to work autonomously and contribute to developing the product we offer.
- Readily take on feedback where improvements in their performance can be made.
- Have a personable attitude and a very good ability to communicate with team members and employers.
Ideally, candidates will:
- Have a good amount of uninterrupted experience within the hospitality industry.
- Have lived, worked or travelled abroad (holidays not included).
What we offer ...
- Better than market-average salary
- Performance related rolling bonus on top of salary
- High quality accommodation within walking distance of the chalets and town centre
- Medical emergency insurance
- Generous food budget
- Airport transfers
- Ski or snowboard equipment
- Uniform (jacket, fleece & polo shirts)
- Extensive pre-season training
- We can organise season lift passes