Is your love for food and service unrivalled? Do you know your pâté from your parfait? Do you have real enthusiasm and determination to deliver the highest standards and inspire a team of chalet hosts to do the same?
This challenging and hugely fulfilling ski season job is a perfect progression-role for someone who has chalet host experience and wishes to further their current career in hospitality. Just imagine living and working in one of the top snow-sure ski resorts in the Alps, where you can ski or snowboard almost every day of the week!
Chalet Manager positions run from mid-November until mid-April so you should be available to work throughout this period.
- Supporting and guiding chalet staff within your allocated area, including season setup, service, hygiene, paperwork, answering guest questions and standing in for shifts as needed.
- Liaising with your Resort Manager regarding chalet maintenance, hygiene checks and co-ordinating staff rotas.
- Co-ordinate and monitor chalet stock takes and orders of food, wine, firewood, linen and cleaning products.
- An excellent communicator
- A natural motivator
- A problem-solver
- A great team player
- Previous experience of running chalets with high standards of service
- Experience in food handling and an interest in cooking
- Excellent customer service & interpersonal skills
- An interest in cooking (formal qualifications not required)
- Excellent organisational skills
- A flexible, hands-on and proactive approach
The Skiworld season staff employment package includes:
- Competitive monthly salary
- Contribution to travel between home and France / Austria
- Optional accommodation for the duration of employment
- 2 days off each week
- Holiday pay
- Daily food
- Access to a season lift pass and ski/board equipment hire
- Performance related incentives (certain management roles only)
- Paid pre-season training
- Up to 10% holiday discount for friends and family (subject to terms and conditions)
- Visa cost reimbursement (if applicable)
- Support with visa application (if applicable)
- Insurance or carte neige