If as a couple you want to head to the mountains for a winter season but you strive on changes of pace and can adapt quickly – then the support couple role with Ski Amis is the one for you. No experience necessary – as we train you for all you need to know to do the job - you just need to have a great personality, plenty to talk about and a commitment to deliver fantastic customer service to our guests.
We have strong team in resort and we take pride in our staff and the high quality service they provide – we expect you to work hard and be committed to delivering these levels of quality and in return we provide you with all the tools and support you need to make this task as easy as possible, with plenty of piste time and a competitive remuneration package so you can make the most of your season.
The Chalet Relief Couple will be fully trained hosts and their primary purpose is to provide support in any chalet, often at short notice, in any resort and for whatever reason. This could involve a temporary replacement of a chalet couple due to unplanned staff vacancies or sickness – or it could mean assisting a chalet couple where the management believes they need additional training or help.
As Hosts, your roles will include:
- Preparing and Serving Meals
- Daily Cleaning
- Basic Chalet Administration
- Basic Chalet Maintenance
- Transfer Driving
- Weekly Food Shop
In normal “stand-by” circumstances, you will be based in Aime, close to the resort warehouse and office facility – accommodation is provided. When not required to work in a chalet support role, the “stand-by mode” job description as detailed below will apply. During periods of “stand-by” your roles will include:
- Day off cover
- General maintenance and repair of chalets and vehicles which could include basic plumbing, carpentry, electrical tasks, general repairs or vehicle repairs
- Delivery and collection of stock
- Other general tasks as may be required such as snow clearing, shopping and sourcing supplies or assisting in the warehouse
- Transfer driving
- Any other task which may reasonably be requested – this couple will have a flexible role and be expected to cover any gaps in resourcing anywhere in the company
- During the pre-season period, preparation of chalets for the season and stocking the warehouse and chalets to support the Operations Manager
- During the close-down period, year-end inventory counting and chalet close down procedures
This is a key seasonal role in the business which enables us to provide continuity of client service in any circumstances.
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent social skills to deal with guests and staff at all levels
- You must love cooking and know your way around a kitchen with great cooking skills – full training, menus and recipes will be provided
- Both people must be confident drivers, preferably with some experience of winter driving or driving larger vehicles
- Established and flexible couples able to live and work together and able to turn their hand to different tasks as required
- Good maintenance/DIY skills required and some French language skills would be preferable
- Competitive package
- All expenses paid accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the start and end of the season from a London airport
- Work uniform
- Fully paid training
All applicants MUST be over 21 years of age (for insurance purposes), have held a full EU driving licence for more than two years and be resident and working in the UK with an existing permanent NI number and tax record. You must be available for a face-to-face interview at our head office in Maidstone, Kent.
You MUST be available to work for the full length of the contract - with a start date of 12thNovember 2018 and an end date of 30thApril 2019.