Snowcoach operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have a large number of returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays!
We are looking for candidates who would relish a position with the opportunity to ski/board, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well has having a sense of fun.
The position is at The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc which is located in Le Fayet, St. Gervais situated between Megeve and Chamonix with extensive skiing at St. Gervais/Megeve/La Giettaz/Combloux/Les Contamines. The hotel has 36 en-suite bedrooms, a games room and a hot tub and steam room and is open all year round.
This position has lots of involvement with the client skiing experience.
This is an extensive list, but the duties are shared amongst the ski tech team (except coach driving)
- Welcoming, engaging and conversing with the clients.
- Drive the passenger coach as and when require, such as airport transfers, slope runs and transfers to our sister hotel in Valmeinier and any local coach movements.
- Transporting the clients and staff by minibus safely to and from the slopes by minibus.
- Airport transfers or inter-resort transfers plus other driving as required (eg cash and carry, recycling centre).
- Organise external airport transfers as required.
- Ensure that the company vehicles are regularly maintained, health and safety compliant and clean.
- Complete vehicle and mileage records.
- Keeping up to date on snow reports and weather conditions in order to plan and organise the clients’ social skiing accordingly.
- Be confident in taking part in the client welcome speech by providing information on the ski shop and the social skiing arrangements. Every evening during dinner, announce the social skiing arrangements for the following day.
- Working in the ski shop (open every day before and after skiing and all day on arrival days).
- Fitting client’s skis and boots, ski servicing and organising the ski equipment returns.
- Responsible for stock control ensuring all equipment is accounted for.
- Responsible for ski shop cleanliness.
- Responsible for advertising ski servicing for client’s personal equipment and offering upgrades for Snowcoach skis to maximise revenue.
- Responsible for the compliance of health and safety policies in relation to ski servicing machines, ski equipment.
- Assist with serving evening meals and participate in après ski activities on a rota basis.
- Work well within the ski tech team to cover days off and support other hotel operations when required which may include duties such as housekeeping, bar and kitchen.
What we are looking for:
- A PCV D1 licence and Driver CPC is essential.
- Minimum age 25 or over due to vehicle insurance restrictions, plus 2 years coach driving experience.
- An EU passport and possession of a UK National Insurance number.
- Full clean UK driving licence and experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions is required.
- Passionate about the mountains and experience of winter sport activities.
- Previous customer-facing work.
- Excellent communication, organisation and time-management skills.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- Previous ski tech experience will be an advantage (full training will be provided).
- French language skills are desirable.
- Competent skier.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over forty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent meals and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!