A last minute opportunity has become available to join our enthusiastic, motivated & professional team in the mountains.
Vacancies available in Tignes, France
Ski Famille is a privately owned company established in 1990. We are pioneering family skiing specialists run by a highly motivated team. We are passionate about helping families with young children to have an amazing and hassle free experience on their family skiing holiday.
Our Resort Head Chalet Chefs are key to our delivery of delicious, high-quality meals to all our guests, from our Chalet Chefs. You will be managing a team of chefs in our resort chalets. We work with high quality suppliers and we expect you to manage, in addition to your team, our orders, stocks, purchases and food quality delivery, so that as a team, we can exceed all guests culinary expectations. Ski Famille guests look forward to returning from a day on the slopes to a well-presented homemade meal in a beautiful chalet; the skills of you and your resort team can make their holiday.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident chef ideally with supervisory or management experience to demonstrate and develop their skills. You will be well presented, highly organised and comfortable working under your own initiative to manage a team and numerous different kitchens. You will work with the Resort Manager and Executive Head Chef to source and order your supplies, being mindful to budgets and cost control at all times. You will be working in many chalets across your resort, and often ‘thrown into the deep end’. You will also be expected to cook in properties at least 4 evenings a week and to cover for your staff members time off. This role would perfectly suit a returning chef looking to develop into a supervisory or training role.
Our chalets sleep between 6 and 30 guests and most kitchens are open plan, allowing you to share your passion and mountain experiences with the guests.
Resort Head Chef Responsibilities
- Manage your team of chefs to deliver all meals to all of our traveling guests, from our youngest to our oldest in line with our brochure and website promises.
- Ensure daily Health and Safety checks are undertaken in all properties in accordance with our company guidelines and that our properties are constantly adhering to local food storage and preparation regulations.
- Working with your Resort Manager, organise weekly orders and deliveries and carefully manage stock and costs
- Working with your Resort Manager, Resort Administrator and our UK Finance team, ensure that all costs are controlled and accounted for in line with company guidelines.
- Working with the Executive Head Chef, your Resort Manager and your Resort Administrator ensure that work rotas for your team are followed, and recorded correctly as per local guidelines.
- Take responsibility in providing an excellent carefree holiday to all traveling guests Provide a welcoming family friendly environment in all your chalets.
- Provide ‘in situ’ training and support to all team members when required.
- Be able to cover for team members during the week when required.
- Uphold the good reputation of Ski Famille and Ski Vertigo
Requirements of the Role
- Previous experience in hospitality and catering. Ideally within a ski catering environment
- A working knowledge of HACCP procedures
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes, especially EXCEL.
- Great self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously.
- Well-developed organisational skills
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- Friendly, flexible, approachable and enthusiastic
- Able to deliver excellent customer service in all circumstances and to guests of all ages An understanding of the differences between adult and child holiday needs
- Knowledge of snow sports is advantageous
- A strong experienced team player
- At least basic French language skills is preferable and would put you ahead of other applicants!
- Availability for the whole season (Mid November 2022 until end of April 2023)
- Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate, ideally level 3.
- We will conduct DBS checks as well as taking up at least two references
The Package and Benefits
Ski Famille is proud of the number of staff who return year after year. We want to ensure we recruit the best people and support them to make the most of their time in the mountains. We offer you:
- A highly competitive salary
- Benefits package including medical cover
Contribution to travel from home to France
- Comprehensive paid training in resort
- Optional accommodation for the duration of the season
- Opportunity to ski and/snowboard when not working
- Access to a reduced price Lift Pass and ski/board equipment hire
- The chance to kick-start your career in hospitality and travel
- Make friends for life
- A fantastic life experience
If you are hardworking, committed to the high standards we offer our guests and looking for an exciting new career opportunity we would love to hear from you. Apply today by clicking "Apply Now" and send your C.V a covering letter & a 7 day menu plan for the following options.
Meal plans should include:
- A hot breakfast option
- Afternoon tea
- Children’s hot lunch
- Three course evening meal plus canapes. Please also include vegetarian options for each meal.
Please note, we welcome (& actively encourage!) applications from couples or friends for all our roles