Job role summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
NMC Chalet Hotels are run by our Neilson expert teams and led by the Head Hotel Host. You will support both the team and the Chalet Hotel Manager in the day-to-day running of the property in order to consistently deliver excellent service and achieve results.
You must have the following attributes:
- Experience as a team manager or supervisor (including any small team experience)
- Preferably you'll have experience in both housekeeping, restaurant & bar
- A keen eye for detail
You must also be confident in interacting with our customers, passionate about working together and able to motivate your team to succeed in delivering the best possible service.
You will need experience in team management to motivate your team and succeed. You must also be confident to interact with our customers and passionate about working together as a team to deliver the best possible service.
You will ensure that a high standard of catering and hospitality services are offered to our guests while achieving pre-determined financial targets and an excellent standard of service to all internal & external customers.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Create and maintain a welcoming and comfortable environment in the hotel, providing guests with information, help and guidance to exceed our guest’s expectations
- To be responsible for ensuring all areas of the hotel are cleaned and maintained on a daily, weekly and seasonal basis in accordance with company standards
- To ensure that your hotel environment is a safe place in which to work and stay
- Ensure that all company and locally-required health and safety procedures are implemented
- To set, monitor and control the key service performance indicators for the team
- Identify any training requirements for yourself, your team and to ensure that any necessary training is completed
- Support, motivate and encourage all members of the hotel team
- Provide constant feedback and always seek to improve performance
- Assist the Hotel Manager with the coordination of all staff work rotas, days off and HR paperwork
- Work closely with the separate departments to achieve all targets for ski pack, apres, bar, food and spa
- Operate within the set expenditure budget for the hotel and put control measures in place to ensure these are met
- In conjunction with the management team, take responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of strict stock control systems throughout all areas of the hotel
- Support the kitchen team by planning & serving a varied 6-7-day menu and continuously seek to improve the standards of food delivered to our guests.
- Ensure that all Neilson allergen/HACAP guidelines and procedures are followed at all times
- Ensure that any guest individual dietary requirements are met
- Demonstrate excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and to pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all Neilson guests
- Establish great working relationships with our suppliers to ensure a robust and positive company resort image
- You will be actively involved in the recruitment of new staff for your resort in accordance with HR procedures and policies
- Identify the training needs of departmental staff to meet business plans and objectives
- Provide feedback to staff through ongoing performance reviews and regular team meetings
- Ensure that motivation is maintained through recognition, reward, incentives and planned social activities
- In the absence of the Hotel Manager, ensure that disciplinary and grievance procedures are adhered to in conjunction with company HR policies and procedures
- Ensure that all staff are well presented and wearing the correct uniform at all times
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
- Cooking, restaurant/bar experience or a hospitality qualification
- Previous customer service and sales experience
- Numerical Aptitude
- Excellent MS Word – Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience of working overseas (desirable)
- Ski or snowboarding experience (desirable)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Able to work under pressure and unsociable hours
- Driven to achieve and succeed in a target focused environment
- Language skills (desirable)
- Ability to work under own initiative and to follow written and verbal instructions
- Clean and tidy in appearance