Head housekeeper job description –
We are looking for bright, hardworking and organised individuals to join the Ski France team to help run our chalets in the French Alps and give our guests the best holidays we can.
Summary of Ski France Offer –
This was a new concept to replace the traditional catered chalet holidays. It is primarily aimed at the British market but the same chalets will still be sold to the French market on a self-catered basis.
The chalets are ready on arrival with beds made, fridges stocked, ski equipment booked and lift passes delivered. We prepare everything behind the scenes so the guests don’t see us but we’ll be a phone call away for anything they need. We will be providing them with the best possible service.
The guests can choose if they want the ‘contactless catered’ option or the ‘self-catered’ option.
Contactless catered – consists of breakfast, afternoon tea and 3 course dinner provided. Most meals are already cooked (eg beef bourguignon) and just need to be heated in oven/on hob by guests. Some dishes need to be prepared by guests (eg goat’s cheese salad starter).
Self-catered – guests are provided with a checklist of things that we will purchase on their behalf from the supermarket. We do one pre-arrival shop for them.
As a head housekeeper you will play a pivotal role in maintaining the cleanliness, organisation and overall presentation of our ski chalets. Your exceptional attention to detail, strong leadership skills, and passion for creating a welcoming environment will ensure that our guests enjoy a comfortable stay. As a key of the operations team, you will oversee the housekeeping staff and coordinate with other departments to deliver exceptional service.
- Start and end of season
- Organising, conducting and helping with deep cleaning of chalets and staff accommodation before and after the season
- Overseeing the inventory, storage and proper usage of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Housekeeping management
- Supervising and coordinating the work of housekeeping staff, providing guidance, training and support to ensure high-quality are met
- Establishing cleaning schedules and assigning duties to housekeeping team members, ensuring efficient use of time and resources
- Conducting inspections to maintain cleanliness, orderliness and adherence to standards throughout the chalets
- Guest accommodation preparation
- Ensuring that chalets are cleaned, prepared and presented to the highest standards
- Coordinating with the team to address any repairs or maintenance requirement
- Overseeing the arrangement of amenities, linens, towels and other supplies
- Having an excellent eye for detail and being meticulous in your work
- Helping with snow clearing if necessary
- Laundry management & inventory control
- Monitoring and managing the supply of linens, towels, bathrobes, slippers and toiletries for guest use and cleaning supplies, and ensuring they are stored properly
- Coordinating with external laundry services, as necessary to meet operational needs
- Housekeeping vehicle
- Ensuring they are kept clean and that any repairs are reported to the RM so that they can be carried out promptly
- Previous experience in a supervisory role within a housekeeping department, preferably in a hospitality or property management setting
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques, equipment and materials, as well as proper handling of cleaning agents
- Ability to lead and motivate a team, providing guidance and support to ensure high-quality standards are met
- Ability to respond effectively and efficiently in emergency situations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with guests and staff
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team, maintaining a positive and professional attitude
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including week-ends and holidays
- Valid driver’s licence (held for a minimum of 2 years) and ability to drive in snow conditions
- Good English spoken skills. French is a plus
Work conditions –
- Based in the French Alps
- 5-month contract under French law
- From early December to end of April
- 39 hours / week + 2 days off
- Private bedroom
Please note you will be living with other staff members and are expected to responsibly maintain and clean your accommodation, fostering a tidy and respectful living environment for all. Additionally, a cleaning rota will be implemented for the common areas and you will be expected to actively participate and contribute to the cleanliness and upkeep of these shared spaces.