About the Role
We are actively seeking Hotel Housekeepers to come work in one of our superb chalet hotels located in top European ski resorts.
Reporting to the Hotel Manager you must have proven management skills and experience leading and supporting a team. You will be responsible for the effective management and organisation of the hotel cleanliness and chalet team.
- Allocation of tasks to all staff within the department.
- Monitoring cleaning standards in accordance with the Mark Warner standards.
- Cleaning guests rooms and public areas.
- Monitoring the housekeeping book regularly and ensuring any issues are rectified.
- Ensuring the guest rooms are made up to the specified standards on changeover day.
- Assisting guests with all their requirements, problems and difficulties.
- Management of linen stock and laundry room.
- Supervising standards of washing and pressing performed by Mark Warner laundry staff or external laundry contractors.
- Supervision of staff accommodation to ensure standards are being adhered to.
- Interpretation of hotel manifests in conjunction with the Hotel Manager and moving beds/cots into rooms, if necessary, to accommodate numbers of guests booked into rooms.
- Ordering cleaning materials, receiving and checking the deliveries to ensure they are correct.
- Carrying out a weekly stock take of housekeeping products with the accountant.
- Serving in the restaurant when required.
- Conducting weekly departmental meetings.
- Carry out Duty Manager responsibilites when requested by Hotel Manager
- Attending management meetings and general staff meetings.
Abilities and Skills
- Hard working
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Confident and professional with a calm friendly demeanour
- Strong leadership skills
- Organised, self-starter
- Previous management experience in housekeepeing
- Positive, flexible attitude
- UK/EU Passport holder
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
Package and Benefits
- Return travel to/from UK
- Medical insurance
- Comfortable accommodation
- All meals
- Discounted drinks and beauty treatments (dependent on resort)
- Lift pass, ski equipment hire and discounted lessons for beginners
- Smart uniform
- Holiday concessions for friends and family
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive training
- Opportunity to work year-round
- Management development
About Mark Warner
Mark Warner specialise in superb activity holidays to top ski resorts in Europe and beautiful beach locations in the Mediterranean. Our holidays are perfect for everyone from families, singles or couples to groups of friends.
Who We Are
With 40 years’ experience we have grown into one of the most highly regarded independent travel companies in the UK. We have received numerous accolades and are very proud to have recently been voted ‘Best Family Tour Operator, Best Activity & Adventure Operator, Best All Inclusive Operator’ and to win silver for ‘Best Ski Operator’.
We continue to be market leaders for family holidays and each year employ over 1,500 staff to work in our overseas resorts. With 50,000 clients travelling with us across our summer and winter programmes we see an incredible 40% rebook future holidays. Much of our success is attributed to the high quality of our staff and their dedication to outstanding customer service.
Looking for a Career or just a one-off Season?
Providing both winter and summer holiday packages puts us in a unique position to offer plenty of opportunities for career progression. Whether you’re looking for a short-term challenge or career development, Mark Warner offers a rewarding adventure and fantastic opportunities whatever path you choose.