The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet skiing at St Gervias/Megeve with 475 km of skiing. The hotel has 36 ensuite bedrooms, a hot tub and steam room and is open all year round.
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some really important career building and teamwork skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to get out working abroad without having to fund the expenses yourself and get paid in the process.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience mountain life, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
Supervised by, and reports directly to the Hotel Manager
- To provide a safe, clean, stimulating and caring environment for our young clients aged 3 to 11 years.
- Organise suitable indoor activities.
- Checking and reporting on stock levels of activity equipment.
- Keeping the games room clean and tidy at all times.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
The anticipated weeks for children’s club duties are Christmas, New Year, two weeks in February and two weeks at Easter from 4-6pm for five days a week. When not on children’s club duties you will assume the duties of the Hospitality General - these will include:
- Welcome and acknowledge the clients, be prepared to converse with them and provide an excellent hospitality service
- Housekeeping of the clients’ bedrooms (bed linen change, deep cleaning of rooms, bathrooms) and cleaning of hotel public areas including toilets.
- Hospitality and dining service – setting up restaurant, waitering, cleaning and table hosting duties. The hotel restaurant offers hot buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and home-made cakes and a 4-course evening meal including cheese board and complimentary wine.
- Provide an excellent hospitality service to all clients.
- Planning and participating in après ski activities.
- Work well within the team to cover days off and support other hotel operations when required.
What we are looking for
- Be in possession of a British passport and being a UK resident is essential.
- Have a UK home address, UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number is essential.
- A friendly, confident and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organisation and time-management skills
- Experience and/or relevant qualifications in childcare.
- A good standard of general education.
- Previous hospitality, service and catering industries experience will be an advantage.
- French language skills desirable.
- Full clean UK driving licence and experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions is highly desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Food and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the beginning and end of season
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!